Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*shakes head*

Comment

Congrats on your first call. Better luck in the rain next time(LOL) Like some one said "Electronics don't like water" its true! Well i dont think so with my old cell phone. I lost in the snow for 3 days, dropped in a 2 foot deep puddle and it still worked like it was new. Again congrats on your first run. Maybe the next one is a worker!
      Rob aka Squinty

The Fighting Seventy-Third

Westville Fire Department
      Gloucester County
      New Jersey

Comment

Ahh, rookies...

A storm, a tree in the road, and supper waiting on the table.

1. The fire station is maybe 8 blocks and my dad would never have had me there on time to get into the rescue plus he was eating dinner.
        2. The rescue was rollin with or without me I had no time to put on my pants.
        Yep, I sure would have hated to miss the truck too.

Comment

Ahh Save it for the birds. LOL.
          Cadet Fire & Rescue Deputy Chief 31
          Monessen Volunteer Fire Department #1
          Westmoreland County Station 81-1

"Going far beyond the call of duty, doing more than others expect, this is what excellence is all about. And it comes from striving, maintaining the highest standards, looking after the smallest detail, and going the extra mile. Excellence means doing your best every day, in everything."

Comment

you really should have some kind of case for your pager that will help it stay somewhat dry. It's alot of $$$ for you to pay if you damage one of those, especially if its not servicable.
            Firefighter, Volunteering since Oct 2001

CCFA 05-04, best overall class for 2005
            "GOOD GAME!"

Comment

Michael

I am new to Firehouse's forum's but have been a career firefighter for over 21 yrs and am now serving as Fire Chief for our newest county VFD for almost a year. I've also been involved for several years with our other county VFD's but I just don't happen to live in their "district".

One of the main topics I discuss with new and propective volunteers is safety. Your safety is the (and should be with any department) utmost concern along with all others responding.

We all understand your desire and enthusiasm. We were all rookies at one time. "Suiting Up" before the apparatus leaves the station should be mandatory for safety's sake.

Just slow down and take a breath.

(Edit) And hang in there.
              Last edited by NatchezFD; 07-13-2003, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the advice.

"Going far beyond the call of duty, doing more than others expect, this is what excellence is all about. And it comes from striving, maintaining the highest standards, looking after the smallest detail, and going the extra mile. Excellence means doing your best every day, in everything."

Comment

Hey, don't harass the kid! Everyone ruins a pager! I've dropped mine in port-a-ponds, the shower, a foam tub, off the truck... It still works. Anyway.. All fire apparatus must have safety belts. If they aren't there, maybe it's not some place you should be riding. Safety first. eh?
                  Last edited by Dushore5741; 07-21-2003, 04:01 AM.

Comment

I never noticed that until just now.

Comment

hey, i was just stating that maybe he should have a case for his pager. It will help to keep it dry. I dont have the intention to harass his, he has been harassed enough.

"GOOD GAME!"

Comment

None Taken

No offense was taken. Yes I did get a case with my pager but I didnt like it so I dont use it.

Comment

yo Mike, just use the case when it's raining. You dont have to use it all the time. Thats what i do anyway.

"GOOD GAME!"

Comment

I would

I would if I knew where it was.

Comment

lol

I'm going to be getting a new pager soon, meaning a new case. If you need it, i may be able to send you my old one.

"GOOD GAME!"

Comment

Really?

I will email you my address if you are really willing to send me the case and yes I'll use it in the rain.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X