No announcement yet.

A Stupid/maybe funny story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mdods that is not always right. What ever side the first unit rolls up to is side "A".
    Man, I'd hate to show up mutual aid to one of your fires. How the heck am I going to know what was first arriving unit? I would suggest using something stationary, like the street address, and the few places you might have in your area where that does not work, preplan them so Side "A" is known.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

In Camden County, Division A is always the front of the house. I always thought that was default for the country. My mistake.
      Firefighter, Volunteering since Oct 2001

CCFA 05-04, best overall class for 2005
      "GOOD GAME!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bones42
        Man, I'd hate to show up mutual aid to one of your fires. How the heck am I going to know what was first arriving unit?
        Well were a full time department and our trucks all arrive together so that solves that problem of who was there first. If you happen to be a MA the OIC will brief your officer face to face as to whats going on.If your still confused I suppose you could do something stupid like ask.

Comment

My dept whatever the side the address is on is the A-Side Exposure then works its way clockwise. Never had a problem yet..
          Andrew
          Firefighter/EMT
          New Jersey

Comment

I have never heard

I have never heard of Side A before ff7134. The first time i heard was at the staton that sunday night. Thats is why I am not sure. I would just call it the front, right, left side, or back of the house.
            Byu the way what is a Safety Officer?
            I mean what is his/her job? Things like that.
            Cadet Fire & Rescue Deputy Chief 31
            Monessen Volunteer Fire Department #1
            Westmoreland County Station 81-1

"Going far beyond the call of duty, doing more than others expect, this is what excellence is all about. And it comes from striving, maintaining the highest standards, looking after the smallest detail, and going the extra mile. Excellence means doing your best every day, in everything."

Comment

Originally posted by MVFD81
              Byu the way what is a Safety Officer?
              I mean what is his/her job? Things like that.

a firefighter on scene who looks over what everyone is doing and making sure they do it safely.and if someone is doing something not safe then they can write them up and/or tell the person what they are doing unsafe.

Comment

[i]a firefighter on scene who looks over what everyone is doing and making sure they do it safely.and if someone is doing something not safe then they can write them up and/or tell the person what they are doing unsafe. [/B]

Thanks. I have been meaning to ask that question. By the way if someone would like to email me about why I changed my name hjere is my email address.
                [email protected]
                Cadet Fire & Rescue Deputy Chief 31
                Monessen Volunteer Fire Department #1
                Westmoreland County Station 81-1

"Going far beyond the call of duty, doing more than others expect, this is what excellence is all about. And it comes from striving, maintaining the highest standards, looking after the smallest detail, and going the extra mile. Excellence means doing your best every day, in everything."

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...
                X