Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• firefightermatt
    replied
    ok im a little confused are yall talking about the regular telephone or the fire phone where the emergencies some into the station??? im allowed to answere both, and im also allowed to tone out and dipatch. We dont have certain people that dispatch only everyone dipatches and everyone fights fires.

Leave a comment:

• EoneTiller
    replied
    if im near the phone at it rings ill answer it saying " 21 fire station 1". we have no policies on who can answer the phone just who ever is closest to it usually answers it. if someone calls with an emergency i would take down the info and call up dispatch and have them dispatch the fire dept out. once though someone called for us to do a pump detail and at that time we didnt usually do those so i gave the caller the number to dispatch and let them handle it.

Leave a comment:

• rfcmitch
    replied
    Yes. We can be there without a member. Since most of us are 16 and voted in as limited duty, we are responsible for our actions. And we are all responsible for each others actions. We have it in prime but we dont abuse it either. When you abuse good things you lose good things. We are at the hall a lot, usually there is someone there during the evening hours because one of us Jrs/ LDs are around. We do everything by policy and code.

Its simple people. If you want to be treated like a responsible adult, you have to be one, not act like one. Acting and being are two different things. If you want to be able to do this stuff, earn it. Dont just complain about it, theres always a reason why people cant do things.

Just be responsible and hold everyone accountable. It makes sure that everybody watches out for everybody else doing stupid stuff.

Leave a comment:

• Quigger
    replied
    Explorers cant answer the phone or use the base radios. We also can't be at the fire house with out another Fire Fighter there. We also have to be out of the fire house by 10pm unless one of our family members is a member.

Leave a comment:

• Weruj1
    replied
    do to some inappropriteness, (not just by explorers) we actually had to come up with a phone policy ..........our explorers can answer the phone when they are there but since they are with an advisor we prefer they get teh phone .....

Leave a comment:

• nmfire
    replied
    Re: To CoFiregals Question

Originally posted by MVFD81
    If someone calles the station with an emergency I personalli would not have them call 911. Depending on what the call was I'd either get on the base and call 911 and have them tone us or Hilltop out for the call but if it was a strucutre fire I'd hit 105# and tone us out my self and say ATTENTION ALL 81 COMPANY 1 AND 2 MEMBERS REPORT TO YOUR STATION YOU HAVE AN ALARM WORKING STRUCTURE FIRE AT ... Of course the chief might kick me out for this but I already decided if that he is going to kick me out for doing my job I'll just go.

Are you for real? Go back to the playroom with the other kiddies, you are not helping the recovery of the Explorer's reputation here. No FD needs the attitude you are displaying in all yours sensless posts here. I told this to another member here once before... If you were in the post I am an advisor for, I would be at your house cutting your phone lines with bolt cutters so you can't come on here and make us look bad. Of course, you would already be on suspenstion from the parking lot thing.....

Leave a comment:

• dfdex1
    replied
    Of course the chief might kick me out for this but I already decided if that he is going to kick me out for doing my job I'll just go
    The reason the Chief would kick you is cause that is NOT your job! Or he may kick you out casue you talk like a dogan and make a fool out of your jr. program.

Im out,I'll be in the pool hall if anyone wants to join.

Leave a comment:

• WFDjr1
    replied
    Of course the chief might kick me out for this but I already decided if that he is going to kick me out for doing my job I'll just go.
    It sounds like you have the "I don't care" attitude. If you do have it, you don't need to be doing this job, because that attitude is what gets people killed.

Leave a comment:

• MVFD81
    replied
    To CoFiregals Question

If someone calles the station with an emergency I personalli would not have them call 911. Depending on what the call was I'd either get on the base and call 911 and have them tone us or Hilltop out for the call but if it was a strucutre fire I'd hit 105# and tone us out my self and say ATTENTION ALL 81 COMPANY 1 AND 2 MEMBERS REPORT TO YOUR STATION YOU HAVE AN ALARM WORKING STRUCTURE FIRE AT ... Of course the chief might kick me out for this but I already decided if that he is going to kick me out for doing my job I'll just go.

Leave a comment:

• mdoddsjffhnfc
    replied
    if i answered the phone and it was an emergency call, i would write down where it is and get the callers information. Depending on what the caller has told me will determine who contacts the Alarm Room.

If its a call to assist the public or something minor, then i would have the caller call 911.

Now if he/she said that it was a dwelling/building/apartment or anything else thats on fire, then i would either get on County F-2 radio or call it in from the station. It all depends.

Alot of the guys in my department have scanners and listen in frequently. If someone were to get on F-2 or the F-1 Dispatch and transmit such a message, we could start to the station before the tones.
    Last edited by mdoddsjffhnfc; 06-07-2003, 04:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• explr985
    replied
    We can not use the radios at the station. The only way I would talk to KUJ ( our dispatch ) would be if the crew was unable to or told me to.

Leave a comment:

• dfdex1
    replied
    In addition what I said above I dont go out of my way to answer it unless its within arms reach. We are allowed to stay at the station if they get a call and have to go. But no we just dont show up at random and roam around.

Leave a comment:

• Irons6789
    replied
    Riiiing......Can You Get That?

If we get a verbal/walk-in alarm or if the phone rings to report something, the best thing to do is take in all the information you can, especially the address! Pick up the landline to dispatch and let them know to send the assignment. Or contact the dispatcher on the air and let them know you just received a verbal alarm for such and such a situation at such and such an address.
    Last edited by Irons6789; 04-15-2006, 03:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• firefightermatt
    replied
    Any member of my dept. can answere the phone....I dont normally answere the fire phone though, because that is the dipatcher's job. If the phone ring's whoever can get to it quickest answeres it with either fire department or fire station. Thats how it is.

Leave a comment:

• nmfire
    replied
    Your dept should have a policy for what to do when an emergency is phoned to the firehouse. It is VERY important that these things are not screwed up. There is a lot of training that 9-1-1 dispatcher have that you do not posess. The caller calling 9-1-1 themselves is best because of the ANI/ALI information that will show up on the screen. If that is not possible or not safe enough, you need to know what information to get and what to tell the caller.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X