No announcement yet.

Station Phone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In addition what I said above I dont go out of my way to answer it unless its within arms reach. We are allowed to stay at the station if they get a call and have to go. But no we just dont show up at random and roam around.

Comment

We can not use the radios at the station. The only way I would talk to KUJ ( our dispatch ) would be if the crew was unable to or told me to.
      No longer an explorer, but I didn't wanna lose my posts.

IACOJ 2003

Comment

if i answered the phone and it was an emergency call, i would write down where it is and get the callers information. Depending on what the caller has told me will determine who contacts the Alarm Room.

If its a call to assist the public or something minor, then i would have the caller call 911.

Now if he/she said that it was a dwelling/building/apartment or anything else thats on fire, then i would either get on County F-2 radio or call it in from the station. It all depends.

Alot of the guys in my department have scanners and listen in frequently. If someone were to get on F-2 or the F-1 Dispatch and transmit such a message, we could start to the station before the tones.
        Last edited by mdoddsjffhnfc; 06-07-2003, 04:58 PM.
        Firefighter, Volunteering since Oct 2001

CCFA 05-04, best overall class for 2005
        "GOOD GAME!"

Comment

To CoFiregals Question

If someone calles the station with an emergency I personalli would not have them call 911. Depending on what the call was I'd either get on the base and call 911 and have them tone us or Hilltop out for the call but if it was a strucutre fire I'd hit 105# and tone us out my self and say ATTENTION ALL 81 COMPANY 1 AND 2 MEMBERS REPORT TO YOUR STATION YOU HAVE AN ALARM WORKING STRUCTURE FIRE AT ... Of course the chief might kick me out for this but I already decided if that he is going to kick me out for doing my job I'll just go.
          Cadet Fire & Rescue Deputy Chief 31
          Monessen Volunteer Fire Department #1
          Westmoreland County Station 81-1

"Going far beyond the call of duty, doing more than others expect, this is what excellence is all about. And it comes from striving, maintaining the highest standards, looking after the smallest detail, and going the extra mile. Excellence means doing your best every day, in everything."

Comment

Of course the chief might kick me out for this but I already decided if that he is going to kick me out for doing my job I'll just go.
            It sounds like you have the "I don't care" attitude. If you do have it, you don't need to be doing this job, because that attitude is what gets people killed.
            These are my opinions, not those of my career department, my volunteer company, or my affiliates. And by the way, I'm not a Junior.

Buy me a drink, sing me a song, take me as I come 'cause I can't stay long.

Johnny Greene: 2/3/45-5/2/04
            Forever in our hearts

Comment

Of course the chief might kick me out for this but I already decided if that he is going to kick me out for doing my job I'll just go
              The reason the Chief would kick you is cause that is NOT your job! Or he may kick you out casue you talk like a dogan and make a fool out of your jr. program.

Im out,I'll be in the pool hall if anyone wants to join.

Comment

Re: To CoFiregals Question

Originally posted by MVFD81
                If someone calles the station with an emergency I personalli would not have them call 911. Depending on what the call was I'd either get on the base and call 911 and have them tone us or Hilltop out for the call but if it was a strucutre fire I'd hit 105# and tone us out my self and say ATTENTION ALL 81 COMPANY 1 AND 2 MEMBERS REPORT TO YOUR STATION YOU HAVE AN ALARM WORKING STRUCTURE FIRE AT ... Of course the chief might kick me out for this but I already decided if that he is going to kick me out for doing my job I'll just go.

Are you for real? Go back to the playroom with the other kiddies, you are not helping the recovery of the Explorer's reputation here. No FD needs the attitude you are displaying in all yours sensless posts here. I told this to another member here once before... If you were in the post I am an advisor for, I would be at your house cutting your phone lines with bolt cutters so you can't come on here and make us look bad. Of course, you would already be on suspenstion from the parking lot thing.....
                Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

do to some inappropriteness, (not just by explorers) we actually had to come up with a phone policy ..........our explorers can answer the phone when they are there but since they are with an advisor we prefer they get teh phone .....
                  IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
                  Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
                  ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
                  RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
                  LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
                  I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
                  "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
                  http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Comment

Explorers cant answer the phone or use the base radios. We also can't be at the fire house with out another Fire Fighter there. We also have to be out of the fire house by 10pm unless one of our family members is a member.

Comment

Yes. We can be there without a member. Since most of us are 16 and voted in as limited duty, we are responsible for our actions. And we are all responsible for each others actions. We have it in prime but we dont abuse it either. When you abuse good things you lose good things. We are at the hall a lot, usually there is someone there during the evening hours because one of us Jrs/ LDs are around. We do everything by policy and code.

Its simple people. If you want to be treated like a responsible adult, you have to be one, not act like one. Acting and being are two different things. If you want to be able to do this stuff, earn it. Dont just complain about it, theres always a reason why people cant do things.

Just be responsible and hold everyone accountable. It makes sure that everybody watches out for everybody else doing stupid stuff.
                      Firefighter/EMT Mitch Cowen
                      Hose Co. 1 1st Lieutenant
                      Randolph Fire Co. Inc

Comment

if im near the phone at it rings ill answer it saying " 21 fire station 1". we have no policies on who can answer the phone just who ever is closest to it usually answers it. if someone calls with an emergency i would take down the info and call up dispatch and have them dispatch the fire dept out. once though someone called for us to do a pump detail and at that time we didnt usually do those so i gave the caller the number to dispatch and let them handle it.

Comment

ok im a little confused are yall talking about the regular telephone or the fire phone where the emergencies some into the station??? im allowed to answere both, and im also allowed to tone out and dipatch. We dont have certain people that dispatch only everyone dipatches and everyone fights fires.
                          LADIES LOVE ME.
                          FLAMES FEAR ME.

"I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THIS FLAG, IF THAT BOTHERS YOU WELL THATS TOO BAD!" AARON TIPPIN

If you wish to burn our flag please remember to wrap yourself in it first!!!

ALL SOUTHERNERS ARE EXEMPT FROM ANY AND ALL OF MY YANKEE COMMENTS ON ANY AND ALL FORUMS.

THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN!!!

Comment

Well, most towns have a dispatch center of sort that recieves 9-1-1 and then dispatches the fire dept. We are talking about someone who happens to have the firehouse regular phone number and calls that instead of 9-1-1.
                            Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Comment

I answer the phone if no one is around. Usually "hello,then the fire station name and number"

Comment

explorers arent allowed 2 touch the phones, unless a ff tells us 2 answer,there usually arent nee emergency calls directly 2 the station cause we are part of lakes region mutual aid, which is a dispatch center in nh. most ppl call 911 n get transfered 2 there
                                Jaime
                                No longer an explorer-
                                Currently Keene State College Class of 2008
                                KEENE STATE RUGBY #5!!!
                                I shed blood for my ruggers.
                                <forever ruggers, forever sisters>
                                www.kscwrfc.org

All gave some, some gave all. Gone but not forgotten. 9/11/01

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X