• Show
Clear All

• MEckert129
    replied
    Leather Forever!

Leave a comment:

• MacInnis
    replied

Hey For the person that asked about the 880. My first issueed helmet as a senior firefighter 8+ years ago was a 880. I like it and still have it. It is light and small. How ever I use a Ben Plus 2 I got from a friend and it is just as good. Just a little more weight and height.

Leather is a way to go, loved mine when I had it. Its now some where in PA near Chambersburg.

But my recommendation is this. If you plan on buying your own helmet. Don't go with what the cool fashion is. Go to a store if you can or any attack school. Try on several different types and makes and makers and models. Because in the end it is your head and neck using it. And if you comfortable in a TT then get one. If you feel better in leather save and get it too. You can alsways get a good tradition style helmet and save for the leather.

My thoughts.

Leave a comment:

• ffdfireexplorer
    replied
    Originally posted by CaptainMikey
    Rescuepimp, you said you were going to post a pic of new helmet. Where is it?????

I don't know if you noticed or not, but Rescuepimp posted that post in 2003.

Leave a comment:

• nikonv
    replied
    Hey try the fire store. I just bought my 1010 helmet from them and it only cost me $148.00. They are haveing a sale right now.
    12/5

Leave a comment:

• CaptainMikey
    replied
    Rescuepimp, you said you were going to post a pic of new helmet. Where is it?????

Leave a comment:

• bolivas203
    replied
    Bullard - The Firedome UST

This is just like my helmet only mine isn't quite so clean.

Although this is only the second helmet I have used, I haven't had any problems w/ it. My first helmet which was used through academy was a recycled/hand-me-down piece of crap. It did the job, but sure was great to step up to the Firedome UST after graduating academy. Everyone in my Dept uses the Firedome UST after graduating academy. There is no other option and I have not heard any complaints yet....

Leave a comment:

• CARLOS14
    replied
    HELMETS..I NEED HELP

WHATS THE LIGHTES (CLASSIC) HELMET ON THE MARKET?...AND WHATS THE PROBLEM WITH THE BEN FRANKLING 2 PLUS.

Leave a comment:

• WHFDExplorer506
    replied
    I have a Cairns 660 and its not that bad at all. Although i would rather have the 1010, its light and durable. But hey i guess any helmet is better than no helmet.

Leave a comment:

• SFD3468
    replied
    1835Wayne, the link you posted to eBay was the leather I bought few weeks ago! It's a small world after all... I got it so I'd have one at the volly house again, since I painted my old black one and wear it at work now.

Leave a comment:

• fdmhbozz
    replied
    I have a Cairns 1010, very nice helmet. The firefighters that are not candidates just got Paul Conway American Heritage helmets, very nice as well.

Leave a comment:

• SpartanGuy
    replied
    I've worn the old Cairns 1000s, a Cairns 1010, and now I have a Paul Conway Shields American Heritage Leather.

The 1000 was nice and light, but too small for my comfort. The 1010 was bigger and little bit heavier, but it's a fantastic helmet. It'd taken a beating and was still in good condition, so I turned it back in and commissioned my Paul Conway lid. I like the feel of the American Heritage, but I haven't had a real chance to run it through the mill yet.

Leave a comment:

• 1835Wayne
    replied
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...925208989&rd=1

Leave a comment:

• 1835Wayne
    replied
    Try E-bay. That is where I got mine.

Leave a comment:

• CaptainMikey
    replied
    because i dont have $600 to toss at a new helmet, only 300, goin with a 1010, the next best thing. When I make Lt. or alot of money, ill get my houston.

Leave a comment:

• 1835Wayne
    replied
    Listen carefully.

LEATHER!!!! LEATHER!!!!

Why go for anything less?

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola