X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...925208989&rd=1
    I.A.C.O.J. Charter Member
    "Chet, get an inch and a half on that!"

"Not for fame or reward,Not for place or rank. Not lured by ambition or goaded by necessity. But in simple obedience to duty as they understood it. These men suffered,sacrificed,dared all, and died. Let us never forget our fallen friends."

Comment

I've worn the old Cairns 1000s, a Cairns 1010, and now I have a Paul Conway Shields American Heritage Leather.

The 1000 was nice and light, but too small for my comfort. The 1010 was bigger and little bit heavier, but it's a fantastic helmet. It'd taken a beating and was still in good condition, so I turned it back in and commissioned my Paul Conway lid. I like the feel of the American Heritage, but I haven't had a real chance to run it through the mill yet.
      "Captain 1 to control, retone this as a structure and notify the fire chief...."

Safety is no accident.

Comment

I have a Cairns 1010, very nice helmet. The firefighters that are not candidates just got Paul Conway American Heritage helmets, very nice as well.
        -Bozz

Air Force Medic

Comment

1835Wayne, the link you posted to eBay was the leather I bought few weeks ago! It's a small world after all... I got it so I'd have one at the volly house again, since I painted my old black one and wear it at work now.
          *Old FH Forum SN: WFDjr1*

IACOJ
          FTM-PTB-RFB-EGH-KTF
          LEATHER FOREVER!

Comment

I have a Cairns 660 and its not that bad at all. Although i would rather have the 1010, its light and durable. But hey i guess any helmet is better than no helmet.
            Anything Goes!

"I have no ambition in ths world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position in the eyes of some, may appear to be a lowly one; but we know the work which a fireman has to do believe his is a noble calling. Our proudest moment is to save lives. Under the impulse of such thoughts, the nobility of the occupation thrills us, and stimulates us to do deeds of daring, even of supreme sacrafice." ---- Edward F. Crocker Cheif of Department FDNY 1899-1911

Comment

HELMETS..I NEED HELP

WHATS THE LIGHTES (CLASSIC) HELMET ON THE MARKET?...AND WHATS THE PROBLEM WITH THE BEN FRANKLING 2 PLUS.

Comment

Bullard - The Firedome UST

This is just like my helmet only mine isn't quite so clean.

Although this is only the second helmet I have used, I haven't had any problems w/ it. My first helmet which was used through academy was a recycled/hand-me-down piece of crap. It did the job, but sure was great to step up to the Firedome UST after graduating academy. Everyone in my Dept uses the Firedome UST after graduating academy. There is no other option and I have not heard any complaints yet....
                Stay alert and be safe.

Comment

Rescuepimp, you said you were going to post a pic of new helmet. Where is it?????
                  FF I
                  FF II
                  Hazmat Operations
                  EMT-B
                  ---------------------------------------------------

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

When all else fails USE DUCT-TAPE!!!

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

Comment

Hey try the fire store. I just bought my 1010 helmet from them and it only cost me $148.00. They are haveing a sale right now.
                    12/5
                    Live life to the fullest and learn all you can while you can.
                    Nikon

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainMikey
                      Rescuepimp, you said you were going to post a pic of new helmet. Where is it?????

I don't know if you noticed or not, but Rescuepimp posted that post in 2003.
                      Jaime
                      No longer an explorer-
                      Currently Keene State College Class of 2008
                      KEENE STATE RUGBY #5!!!
                      I shed blood for my ruggers.
                      <forever ruggers, forever sisters>
                      www.kscwrfc.org

All gave some, some gave all. Gone but not forgotten. 9/11/01

Comment

Hey For the person that asked about the 880. My first issueed helmet as a senior firefighter 8+ years ago was a 880. I like it and still have it. It is light and small. How ever I use a Ben Plus 2 I got from a friend and it is just as good. Just a little more weight and height.

Leather is a way to go, loved mine when I had it. Its now some where in PA near Chambersburg.

But my recommendation is this. If you plan on buying your own helmet. Don't go with what the cool fashion is. Go to a store if you can or any attack school. Try on several different types and makes and makers and models. Because in the end it is your head and neck using it. And if you comfortable in a TT then get one. If you feel better in leather save and get it too. You can alsways get a good tradition style helmet and save for the leather.

My thoughts.
                        Thanks
                        DM

Comment

Leather Forever!
                          Firefighting is not just a job, its a way of life........
                          IACOJ

SORRY FELLAS, NO TIKI BAR HERE!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                          Working...