Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Something to think about next time you ride in the truck...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stm4710
    replied
    Yes....Anndee Huber was considerd a LODD. She did recieve a LODD funeral too.

Anndee Hubers MURDER is still a very sensitive subject with other explorers and I.
    To me Anndee Huber was the Woscester 6 for fire explorers. My blood still boils when I think about it. I carry a little reminder of what happend to this day on my helmet.

The only thing I ask is that people who read her story learn the lessons that it teaches. Let her tragic death not be in vain. I am 100% sure we can prevent another tragedy like the one in Newcastle.

Leave a comment:

• RspctFrmCalgary
    replied
    Anndee was killed almost a year ago. Check the date on the first post. For those that want more information, there are other old threads as well, just do a search and I'm sure you'll have all your questions answered.

Anndee, you are honored and remembered by many, many people Sleep with angels sweet child.

Leave a comment:

• FireGirl38
    replied
    After I read this article, I thought that shes just a little younger than I am, and that really it can happen to anyone. My deepest sympathies go out to her family, friends, and the members of her fire dept. She had her whole life to live. May our Sister Rest in Peace.

Is her death considered to be In the Line of Duty? And will her funeral be like that of another FF's LODD funeral? I don't know if somebody can answer this or not, but an answer would be much appreciated! thanks

Leave a comment:

• ndvfdff33
    replied
    After I beat the drivers *** for being stupid and reckless..I'd put him in jail for life...DUI and driving a fire truck...Thats just stupid..If your goin out..You know your drinkin..Leave the damn pager home...Your better sittin at a party than driving a tanker down the road with 6 into yah...And contrary to what some people may think their dept will go regardless if they are there..I've heard that....I play the DD so i won't miss calls and i've heard a couple doozies when someone says I wanna go to this call...

But back on topic...Sympathies withs her family and friends and its a shame something this tragic had to happen

Leave a comment:

• backsteprescue
    replied
    Rollover accident

Thats a damn shame what happened. My dad was responding on his company's new aerial and someone cut them off and they rolled into a ditch, all of the firefighters were wearign seat belts so they were fine, but the guy that cut them off they ended up helping because he had no seat belt on and was in critical condition.

Leave a comment:

• MFDExplorer51
    replied
    R.I.P.

Seatbelts are so crucial. God Bless.

Leave a comment:

• Station14
    replied
    That is a shame
    I sympathize with the families of the victim.

I think that a member that posted on this forum said "Only the Good Die Young." That is very true.

I think that in this world, not many teenagers want teenagers are dedicated to helping people. Junior Firefighters are very unique. I think that Junior Firefighters are an example of what a kid should be: helpful(If you disagree, then fine but dont bash me or anyone else). And when someone so young dies in the line of duty I find it to be a horrible event....

Truly Horrible

Leave a comment:

• HFRH28
    replied
    even thought I cant get a ticket
    Don't be too sure of that. Im sure the law is the same there as it is here. Firetrucks also have to comply with all motor vehicle laws, which includes seatbelts. What you most likely meant was that the Law Enforcement Officers there won't write you a ticket, even though they CAN. Seatbelts are put there for a reason, so again, don't sit on a good idea!

Leave a comment:

• MFD901
    replied
    as I state earlier

before I got my new name because I didnt like the last one. I wear my seatbelt most of the time. I do remember times that I have forgotten. Or needed to put on gear. But most of the time if getting geared up or a quick arrival isnt necessary or going to happen I'll click it.. even thought I cant get a ticket..

Leave a comment:

• HFDEXP777
    replied
    Originally posted by HFRH28
    I ordered myself a copy of FEMA's "Safe Operation of Fire Tankers." In the back of this book, there are 38 incidents listed of tanker accidents where there was a fatality. Just about all of them, if not all of them, were due to not wearing seatbelts. Don't sit on a good idea people!
    the copy i got for the fire station just came in the other day. i havent had a chance to look through it yet but it's thick enough to have some really useful info

Leave a comment:

• HFRH28
    replied
    I ordered myself a copy of FEMA's "Safe Operation of Fire Tankers." In the back of this book, there are 38 incidents listed of tanker accidents where there was a fatality. Just about all of them, if not all of them, were due to not wearing seatbelts. Don't sit on a good idea people!
    Last edited by HFRH28; 05-26-2003, 09:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Kvfcjr
    replied
    To tell you the truth, i have only worn my seat belt twice, both in the middle of bad snow storms. guess whose gonnabe wearing it a bit more now!

Leave a comment:

• JLS90151
    replied
    sad

It is, really. I wear my seatbelt anyways. Not only is it in our by-laws. BUT, it is a personal step I take anyways.

Leave a comment:

• BLSboy
    replied
    here is a small memorial page for FF-E Huber, good bye little sister!
    Andee huber Memorial Page:
    Find a Grave is a free resource for finding the final resting places of famous folks, friends and family members. With millions of names, it is an invaluable tool for genealogist and history buffs.

Leave a comment:

• Irons6789
    replied
    I feel really bad for the family. I think the driver should also be charged with neglegent homicide with all the other charges (driving under the influence, manslaughter...) I feel sorry for the girl and her family, but yet another tradgedy that could have been avoided.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X