Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• firefighterox
    replied
    we use older globe gear, we are looking at some new gear cant remember the name though. i like the new yorker helmets but we use cairns, works real well.

Leave a comment:

• WannabeintheFD
    replied
    I dont know (as an explorer) do we really need actual fire fighting gloves? or should we just get a nice pair of work gloves?

Leave a comment:

• SeaFoam
    replied
    We use Securitex gear, like it a lot... Don't know about how long bunker gear is supposed to hold up but my last set lasted 2 years, got a lotta use though. If I had a choice of helmets i'd be wearing a traditional, but my 'metro' style or whatever it is helmet is made by Morning Pride, it's comfortable. I use goggles, faceshields blow - rather have goggles and flip downs but oh well. Boots? Warrington Pro, don't even mess with rubbers cause they suck. Get a pair of leather Warringtons, they feel like slippers and they are light too. Gloves, all about the same as far as i'm concerned unless your talking about extrication gloves, I have a pair of the mechanix extrication gloves, seem to be holding up better than my old pair of ringers - though they are thicker gloves. Favorite tool? married set... you can do about anything with em. I carry 24 ft of webbing in my gear for different things, RIT, dragging victims, securing stuff, hose harness, whatever i need it for. Also have the folding rescue wrench (it's been used as a door wedge a lot lately though) and a LED flashlight.

Leave a comment:

• Kvfcjr
    replied
    I think he's a JR advisor

Leave a comment:

• dfdex1
    replied
    I have a pall conway helmet and shield plus leather. The reason I choose this helmet was a matter of the way I saw it hold up under fire. We had a fire that flashed on us, two of our firefighters were in this fire at the same time. One had a buelyerd the other had a pall conway, the pall conway weld up better in my eyes so that is what I got.

Remember stay safe, stay low, "GOD BLESS" and always "WOOHOO"!!!!
    .....DOC....
    Dude,how old are you?

Leave a comment:

• DOC550
    replied
    I have a pall conway helmet and shield plus leather. The reason I choose this helmet was a matter of the way I saw it hold up under fire. We had a fire that flashed on us, two of our firefighters were in this fire at the same time. One had a buelyerd the other had a pall conway, the pall conway weld up better in my eyes so that is what I got.

Remember stay safe, stay low, "GOD BLESS" and always "WOOHOO"!!!!
    .....DOC....

Leave a comment:

• dfdex1
    replied
    Globe is great. I went to there factory in Pitsfield,pretty nice stuff. My globe is about 10 Y/O and is still great condition. Morning pride is also nice but are unwilling to deal or take trade-ins like Globe.

I wouldnt recomend Bristol,Boston uses it but I dont like the idea that you can not inspect the mouisture barrier and cause its a import so the money is not going to a American company,nor would I recomend that Lion apperal crap they sell in Galls, I have seen some after 3 years of very limited use and it was torn to shreads.

Id recomend getting NOMEX instead of PBI or P84 for the main fact that as a explorer your not going to need super heat protection, NOMEX is also durable as far as abrasion as were I have read that PBI is not very abrasion resistent.

Helmets:Carins,Morning Pride and Bullard are the 3 big manufactures and make good helmets. I would get goggles instead of shields. Shields alone are NOT NFPA-1971 complient in them selves,you would need safety glasses or goggles to be complient.

By HAIX leather fireboots , but it would be more practical to by Ranger Firwalkers.

-dfd

Leave a comment:

• WannabeintheFD
    started a topic Gear

Gear

We are looking into buying new gear... i was just wondering what brand of bunker gear do you prefer, or like... how bout helmets, gloves... goggles or shield.. boots?

ill make it easy

Tournouts-
    Helmet-
    (shield or goggles)-
    Boots-
    gloves-

Fave tool-
    what do you carry with you-
    Anything else??

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250