Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

What's in your pockets?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's in your pockets?

What do you keep in your pockets and where did you get it?
    Why do you need it as an explorer/jr. firefighter?
    No longer an explorer, but I didn't wanna lose my posts.

IACOJ 2003

TO coat: right pocket--rope about 12 ft kern mantle polypropeline(hence right=rope--helps when mask is blacked out and you need to fine rope)
    Left pocket:multi tool,mini-mag
    Radio pocket:Bottle of water,permanent marker
    Hanging from TO coat: Pair of gloves in the galls glove holder(I highly recomend) and accoutability tag.
    Helmet: I tuck a pair of safety glasses inside there.
    TO pants:noting really I usually keep a mint or two in there

Keep in mind I do alot of drills but we dont go on calls.

Anyone know where I can buy the aluminum spanner wrench that was in galls? They stopped carrying it and I dont wanna by rescue wrench its a POS!

-dfd

ps good thread!

Comment

We can run alarms when we ride( city dept ). I keep in my
      TO coat:
      1 pair of pliers/wire cutter combo.
      1 pair of 7 1/2 trauma shears
      1 flathead screwdriver
      1 phillips screwdriver
      1 marker
      In my TO pants
      1 pair of ff gloves
      3 pair of nitrile gloves
      In my helmet
      1 pair of nitrile gloves
      1 nomex hood
      I want to get a pair of ringer mechanix gloves for my TO pants for overhaul and non firefighting jobs. (We can fight fire outside a structure.)
      Where can I get a glove holder,and a cheap but BRIGHT flashlight?
      Galls,EMP,Firestore.com? Where did you get yours dfdex?

IACOJ 2003

Comment

I got my glove holder from Galls its in the glove section--imagiane that lol its was $4.

And I got the Mini-Mag from Galls too, I got the red one with the M/C engraved on it,its a good light and stands up to more abuse than a Alabama house wife and is very bright.
        I took a key ring and put it through the hole in the tail cap so I can hang it from my coat.You can also get a holder from Galls to mount the MINI MAG on you helmet.

-dfd

Comment

Thanks,dfdex.

IACOJ 2003

Comment

TheFireStore.com ROCKS!

If you are going to order something, get it from TheFireStore.com, they are definately one of the best, if not the best. Low prices, quick delivery, great customer service, and a lot of things to choose from are what they have to offer. I refuse to order from anyone else, unless The Fire Store doesn't have what I'm looking for, which is VERY rare.

Now, for the "what do you carry in your TOG?" question...

On the lid (Morning Pride Ben 2 Plus): Garrity light and 2 sprinkler chocks, held on by rubber strap.
            On the coat: Accountability tags, glove holder w/ gloves (seems to be a good place for them ), Responder flashlight, which is supposed to be twice as bright as the Survivor light. In the radio pocket of my coat is my Carbon Shield hood, get one if you can, it is no doubt the best!
            In my pants pockets: Nomex hood in case the carbon one is wet, extra firefighting gloves, Mechanixwear gloves, Res-Q-Rench, Pry-Pic tool, lock blade knife, golf ball.
            I also have a leather truckman's belt, radio strap, and leather boots.

Do a search on this, there are about 400 threads (okay, maybe I exaggerated a little bit) similar to this one.
            These are my opinions, not those of my career department, my volunteer company, or my affiliates. And by the way, I'm not a Junior.

Buy me a drink, sing me a song, take me as I come 'cause I can't stay long.

Johnny Greene: 2/3/45-5/2/04
            Forever in our hearts

Comment

OK I also like thefirestore.com's selection. How do you do a forums search.

IACOJ 2003

Comment

ok here is what i carry

in my pants
                - rescue wrench
                - small bottle water
                -$1.00 change in tape

on coat
                -flash light
                -gloves on velcro strap

helmet
                - nomex hood

thats about it thats not much compared to what you guys carry. i keep it simple now since im a cadet until im 18, i can go on all runs, but not aloud to put the wet stuff on the red stuff, but i can do overhaul
                Ryan

I.A.C.O.J. Probie

You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Lets not forget those lost on 9-11-01

Comment

TO Coat
                  nothing yet

TO Pants
                  Gloves
                  Flashlight
                  Folding Spanner

Have a light that will go on my helmat when the Chief gets it to the station. Also have a Fire Rescue Field Guide that I carry with me almost all the time.
                  Firefighter/ EMT-Basic
                  Proud Soldier in the Iowa Army National Guard
                  GLT 11/25/2005

All Gave Some
                  Some Gave All
                  Never Forget the Sacrifices Made

These are my opinions and not those of my dept.

Comment

Helemt- hood, disposable light, mount for my other light, my head
                    Coat- Radio, light (the one that could also fit on my helmet, extrication gloves
                    Belt on Pants-Res-q-wrench (no, its not a pos), gloves
                    Pants- Scope, pliers, water

Comment

^bump^

IACOJ 2003

Comment

To do a forum search, go to that little bar on the left side of your screen that has "Forums, Forum Profile," etc. on there. Click on search, and type in the word(s) you're looking for.
                        These are my opinions, not those of my career department, my volunteer company, or my affiliates. And by the way, I'm not a Junior.

Buy me a drink, sing me a song, take me as I come 'cause I can't stay long.

Johnny Greene: 2/3/45-5/2/04
                        Forever in our hearts

Comment

10-4.

IACOJ 2003

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

300x600 Forums Only

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Lower 970x90

Collapse