Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

What do you carry in/on your gear?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you carry in/on your gear?

I know this was on a few months back, but I'm curious as to what you all carry in/on your turnout gear. Here's what I have:

Helmet:Goggles, sprinkler chock
    Coat:1 pair fire gloves, 1 pair latex exam gloves, Nomex hood
    Pants:Pry-Pic tool, Res-Q-Rench, knife, golf ball, 1 pair fire gloves, 1 pair Mechanix gloves(Better than leather work gloves anyday)

So, what do y'all got?

UPDATED ON 8-8-2002
    Last edited by WFDjr1; 08-08-2002, 01:54 PM.
    These are my opinions, not those of my career department, my volunteer company, or my affiliates. And by the way, I'm not a Junior.

Buy me a drink, sing me a song, take me as I come 'cause I can't stay long.

Johnny Greene: 2/3/45-5/2/04
    Forever in our hearts

I suppose ill reply to this again.

Helmet:face sheild,door stoppers,light
    Jacket:radio,gloves(all kinds),golf balls,golf tees
    Pants:20ft rope and 3 locking carabeiners,Res-Q-Wrench,and other stuff

Comment

helmet: face shield, light
      coat: safety glasses, multitool, fire gloves
      pants: latex gloves

Comment

Helmet: face sheild, reflective clover sticker
        coat: flashlight with name tag on same hook,safety glasses,hand sanitizer, disposable cpr mask, 1 pair rubber gloves, leather work gloves
        truck belt: bigger flashlight, leater ff gloves, nomex hood
        pants: 6ft rope
        "I truly believe that tradition is important to the long-term survival of the fire service."-Lt. Andrew Fredricks, FDNY,9-11-01

Comment

This is always an interesting topic.

Helmet-hood, safety glasses, and flag bandana
          Coat-window punch and mini flashlight
          Pants-ff gloves, regular leather work gloves, mini spanner wrench (family heirloom)

-steve

Comment

i have two sets of gear. one for the fire dept and one for the first aid squad.
            fire dept:
            helmet: facasheid
            coat:flash light & tags hanging from a clip,hood,gloves on a strap,bottle of water,2 pair nitrile gloves, leather gloves
            pants:trama shears,2 pair nitrile gloves,res-Q-wrench,spaner, flashlight,3" roll of tape,cpr mask

first aid squad:
            helmet: goggles
            coat:O2 wrench,seatbelt cuter,window punch, small trama shears,3 pair nitrile gloves,1"&3" tape,penlight, extrication gloves, flashlight
            pants:fire dept gloves,3 pair nitrile gloves,3" tape,trama shears, hood,cpr mask,bottle water, O2 key

Comment

helmet- hood,light,stickers,sheild
              jacket-ear plugs, leatherman, pen
              hanging from pants- gloves,res-q-rench,P.A.S tag
              on pant belt-medical gloves
              in pants- safty glasses
              Jeff Gurski

Comment

Helmet:Face Shield,Nomex Hood
                Coat:1 Pair Latex Gloves,Flashlight,Pen,Leather Work Gloves
                Pants:Firefighting Gloves.
                When I actually have some money there will be some extra things added to this list.
                These opinions are my own, not of my company or my affiliates

2 in, 2 Out, Pass on, Collar up, SHOW TIME!

Comment

Helmet- flashlite, faceshield
                  coat- safty glasses, latex gloves, multi tool, pocket knife
                  pants- firefighting gloves

Comment

my gear...

Helmet-hood, safety glasses, and flag bandana
                    Coat-window punch and mini flashlight
                    Pants-ff gloves, regular leather work gloves, mini spanner wrench (family heirloom)

Comment

my gear...

Helmet- Faceshield, Flashlight, 2 Door Jams
                      Coat-2 I.D. Tags (Hooked onto hook on coat) Fire Gloves, Multi-Use Tool/Knife, Nomex Hood (Outside pockets) 4 Pair of Latex Gloves (Inner Pocket)
                      Pants- Leather Work Gloves, 20 ft Rope, (Pockets)

More to come when I save some cash...

-Justin
                      http://exportvfd.tripod.com

Comment

Golf Balls/Tees

aight i guess i missed something but whats up wit the golf balls and tees??

Comment

I use the golfs balls to break windows that are high up,also it prevents people from getting hurt. I use the golf Tees as a temporary fix for water/gas line leaks.

Comment

gear

Any firefighter worth his salt should carry these items
                            Helmet: sheild,hood,scba mask
                            Coat: Fire gloves ,doorstops,2 spanner wrenches,p.a.s.s alarm activated ,coat mounted flashlight,radio,rope(about 15 ft) knife,scba pack ,medical gloves,led flashlight,mints(becuase at 2 am ur breath is not the greatest!)and one firefighter i know carries a personal escape system
                            Pants: What ever wont fit in your coat
                            Boots:By leather there more comfertable
                            And if you ever goto a call of a fire or smoke in the building put on your mask before entering and have a charged hose at the door and know the signs of a backdraft. It is always better to be safe than sorry,In this field one moment of carelessness can lead to al ife time of sorryness

Chief Mazzie
                            Last edited by dfdex1; 06-25-2002, 09:59 PM.

Comment

(Ladder44-126 I use the golfs balls to break windows that are high up,also it prevents people from getting hurt.)

You're kidding right? So, you roll up on scene, find smoke showing pushing around the edges of a 3rd story window, and chuck a ball through the window to vent? How do you properly clear out the window so it will vent effectively? Keep throwing balls? Also, how does this prevent people from getting hurt? Sounds like an awfully unsafe, not to mention foolish practice to me.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

300x600 Forums Only

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Lower 970x90

Collapse

Lower 728x90