explorers on calls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• explorers on calls?

Hi guys i was wondering what everyones regulations on explorers going to calls because as for us we are only allowed to go on ones if we have drill and they get a working fire, i was thinking about bringing the idea of changing that rule at are next meeting, any suggestions,comments,input?
    Thanks,
    Nick

Dave, look around this thread and you will see other postings related to what you have asked. You'll find the answers in those posts.
    Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Hey Bull, you called this one!
      "A fire department that writes off civilians faster than an express line of 6 reasons or less is not progressive, it's dangerous, because it's run by fear. Fear does not save lives, it endangers them." -- Lt. Ray McCormack FDNY

"Because if you don't think you're good, nobody else will." -- DC Tom Laun (ret) Syracuse

Comment

In the explorer post i'm a member of, we can go to fires whenever there is one, Whether we're on a truck or at home.

Comment

Well I can give you that answer, as I have read it hundreds of times in several different posts.
          The bottom line of the answers that you will get on here is as follows, check your child labor laws, check with your department what are there rules for this. Make sure your never in or near and IDLH environment, explorers have no place there. You need to also after reading your post again, is there an underlying reason as to why your only allowed to go to calls if your at a drill? Will your departments insurance not cover explorers responding from home? Bottom line if they have that rule in place you need to check with the department its self find out why they are saying that before you try to change anything.

Comment

My departments junior members are only allowed to go to calls to help with firefighter rehab. Once the emergency has been handled, they have at times helped with rolling hose or putting up other equipment. At no time during their service as a junior member will they be allowed to operate equipment, or actually fight fires, or be involved in other sorts of activities which could be considered dangerous.

Comment

I'm in NJ we are aloud on all fire calls except mutual aid

Comment

Last edited by 19echo95; 05-08-2020, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bmags84 View Post
                  I'm in NJ we are aloud on all fire calls except mutual aid
                  I am in NJ too.

You may want to have your Department check with their insurance company on that. They might be surprised.
                  "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewR View Post
                    Well I can give you that answer, as I have read it hundreds of times in several different posts.
                    The bottom line of the answers that you will get on here is as follows, check your child labor laws, check with your department what are there rules for this. Make sure your never in or near and IDLH environment, explorers have no place there. You need to also after reading your post again, is there an underlying reason as to why your only allowed to go to calls if your at a drill? Will your departments insurance not cover explorers responding from home? Bottom line if they have that rule in place you need to check with the department its self find out why they are saying that before you try to change anything.
                    I agree with AndrewR.

Stay safe

Comment

I'm an explorer in a Career department in Oregon, and we go on ride-a-longs. While on a ride-a-long, we go to every call as an assigned member of the Eng. Co. When we get there we do what we are trained to do outside the IDLH. We also respond from home to any working fires.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X