No announcement yet.

gear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coat, pants, hood, gloves, helmet, safety vest, wildland jumpsuit, wildland helmet with neck shroud, leather gloves, pager, and other miscellaneous items.(Note: nearly all the stuff I have recieved is second-hand so it really doesn't cost my department to get me gear)

Stay safe
    Last edited by JakeT59; 07-27-2011, 05:16 PM.

Comment

boots, pants, coat, hood, gloves (no mask until 16). orange morning pride Ben II's on the helmet. (a few people get carins 660C's)

Comment

Originally posted by Northern Lights FF View Post
        OK,

I find the fact that ANY Juniors/Explorers or whatever you all are...get issued ANYTHING AT ALL absolutely incredible!......

Bottom line..YOU all are little teenyboppers.NOT FIREFIGHTERS!..when YOU are 18 AND pass the testing/get hired on..then you can be issued with equipment.

There is NO reason for having anyone under 18 having gear at all...you shouldn;t be riding apparatus, NOT being at ANY emergency scene period..certainly NOT responding to "calls" at any time, let alone by hearing it on a Department pager or 2 way radio..(again it;s rediculous to allow a minor access to controlled frequency FD radios)...

This has gotten WAY out of hand. The original idea behind "junior's" was to be able to teach them first Aid, teach them the basics ( BOOKlearning) of Firefighting and allow for SOME hands on experience in CONTROLLED TRAINING SITUATIONS. Not to have a bunch of "super dupper "trained" Junior's running around a fire scene...God forbid someone gets hurt or killed by this idiotic "experience".

You know, in Ontario Canada they actually banned even the COLLEGE Pre Fire Service Co-Op placements...and those are FULL TIME, FULLY QUALIFIED College Students!.

So "kiddies"...save your money, your a wannabe, you all don;t need any N5A Helmets, hell you don;t even need gear..

So really maybe just keep it quiet..cause the FD's are full of people that are ****ed about getting Full Time FF positions cut and general understaffing...SO, how do you think they will feel if a bunch of kids are essentially "taking their jobs"?

You know, I;m sorry, but I;ve seen COUNTLESS posts about this kind of BS by a bunch of whiney kids, complaining about "not being ALLOWED" to do what THEY want, that THEIR GEAR isn;t as good as a REAL FF's..enough is enough.

A Career Fire Officer..and one that has seen enough of these kids crap..
        I tell ya, It is because of ****** Bags like you that I have stayed away from this forum for a while. As far as I am concerned, I think that these are wonderful departments that issue their Juniors gear,pagers,etc... At least if you make these kids feel a part of the department you are keeping them out of other things. Maybe someday you will understand the importance of a Junior if you are on scene somewhere and something happens to you and one of these "worthless teenyboppers" might be the only one who comes to your rescue. Chew on that one.... We have *******s like you in our department too, they are usually the old fat guys that can't even fit in bunker gear anymore let alone fight a fire.....

Comment

We are issued a second hand set of gear (coat, helmet, bunker pants, boots, rescue gloves, safety glasses,). We are also issued an alpha pager, new fire gloves, and a class B work uniform.
          Kyle - FireSquad911

Comment

Our Explorer Program issues Full Bunker gear minus a mask. Aside from our 360s Helmets and Fuel for our 3 training Engines and 1 Truck, there is no cost to the department, and helmets get reused after someone leaves. While intense, Station1FFs response was exceptional. I don't know why there is a problem with explorers, every explorer I have had--I was the Explorer leader in my post--has been excellent. 4 of my explorers went to a House fire, at this fire, they didn't take a FF's job, they just made it so that trained paid FF's could do the harder parts of the job. I agree when someone said learn to shut up. I personally learn best by being taught, drilling, then seeing it in action. All with my mouth shut eyes and ears open.

Comment

As far as what we issue to our Junior members, helmet, bunkers, gloves and boots. If we have extra they will receive a pager generally one of the older ones as we try to get the membership that has been around longer to get the new pagers so well exchange them out and give our Juniors the old ones and our older membership a new pager. But thats besides the point.

Comment

Full bunker gear, A blue helmet and a pager 6 months after acceptance.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...
                X