• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok thanks....

Comment

...The Answer...

Originally posted by Sgt.Keionte Tate View Post
      Hey guys my name is Keionte and I am an explorer Sgt. with peach county fire department. I want to know how some of you officers punish your explorers or if you are even allowed to.
      Too easy...and the answer is....

WATER BOARDING!...works 60% of the time...EVERY TIME.
      "FBHF"

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
      Ralph Waldo Emerson

"What do Cops and Firefighters have in common? They BOTH WANT To be FIREFIGHTERS!"

"I love the Police Officers have firefighters to look up to..."

Comment

ok thanks....

Comment

Originally posted by ffbobbyhill View Post
          Too easy...and the answer is....

WATER BOARDING!...works 60% of the time...EVERY TIME.
          That was a joke...please don't water board anyone...ha ha
          "FBHF"

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
          Ralph Waldo Emerson

"What do Cops and Firefighters have in common? They BOTH WANT To be FIREFIGHTERS!"

"I love the Police Officers have firefighters to look up to..."

Comment

ok........

Comment

when i punish my explorers, they run the tower in full bunker, then have to drag a hose line 100 feet
              Firefighters need not fear fire, but give it all their respect.

Comment

What?

How old are the Explorer Sergeants and officers?
                Benton Fire District Four
                Ladder One
                First Due!

Caddo Parish Fire District 1
                Career Firefighter/Paramedic

When things get rough, just say:
                Acabo de perder cinco minutos de su vida.

Comment

Exploring is not baseball. There is no 3 strikes your out deal.

If an Explorer needs "punishing"....they are simply not an Explorer anymore.
                  "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

exploring cadet leaders shouldn't be able to punish anyone, seeing how they lack just as much as line experience as the others.
                    Benton Fire District Four
                    Ladder One
                    First Due!

Caddo Parish Fire District 1
                    Career Firefighter/Paramedic

When things get rough, just say:
                    Acabo de perder cinco minutos de su vida.

Comment

Originally posted by RS1606 View Post
                      when i punish my explorers, they run the tower in full bunker, then have to drag a hose line 100 feet

Your explorers? You are still wet behind the ears Wille!

If they can't go with the flow and do the job, then they are dismissed.
                      Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

I have found the best way to straighten out an unruly explorer is to have them go explain to the chief why you are upset with them. They usually never make that mistake again.
                        Please tell me that you mean the Explorers' Chief (a fellow Explorer) and not the Fire Chief of the Department.....

I know my Chief is way too busy to be dealing with one of my Explorers. As the Head Advisor, any issue needs to come to me through their Chain-of-Command. As far as discipline goes, it's my call based on the infraction. When discipline such as suspension, expulsion, or loss of priviledges are issued the Parents are always present that way if they have any questions, comments or concerns they can be addressed then. Just what has worked well for me.
                        "Be LOUD, Be PROUD..... It just might save your can someday when goin' through an intersection!!!!!"

Life on the Truck (Quint) is good.....

Eat til you're sleepy..... Sleep til you're hungry..... And repeat.....

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyboy View Post
                          Please tell me that you mean the Explorers' Chief (a fellow Explorer) and not the Fire Chief of the Department.....

I know my Chief is way too busy to be dealing with one of my Explorers. As the Head Advisor, any issue needs to come to me through their Chain-of-Command. As far as discipline goes, it's my call based on the infraction. When discipline such as suspension, expulsion, or loss of priviledges are issued the Parents are always present that way if they have any questions, comments or concerns they can be addressed then. Just what has worked well for me.
                          My fire department is a very small, close knit department. Our chief values our explorers above most of the probies. He understands that the explorers are the future of the department and he takes an active role in training and supervising explorers. I'm sorry that your chief doesn't take an active role in the explorers, because I believe it has helped develop our post and our chief is more knowledgeable in what we do and is able to supply us with more funding for our trainings because he knows all of the explorers personally and he knows what we are capable of. Every fire chief should be actively involved in thier explorer post.

Oh, and I don't know what your chief does, but my chief is also the Deputy Sheriff, he's on the County Fair Board, is on the County Leadership Board, he's a dispatcher, he's on the County Fire Chief's Assc., State Fire Chief's Assc., and he is a Township Board Member....... and yet he STILL understands the importance of being involved in the explorer post. Riddle me that...
                          Explorer Assistant Chief Alisha Fern

Leadership: The ability to guide, direct, and influence others.

Leadership can be thought of as a capacity to define oneself to others in a way that clarifies and expands a vision of the future.

[email protected]

Comment

Fern, trying to compare your small volunteer department Chief to a busy city Chief is stretching things quite a bit. Very different worlds.
                            "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

I understand, but my chief holds 2 full time jobs, is a single parent of 3, is a member on many commitees, and can still handle it. Maybe my chief just understands the importance of it more than others do.
                              Explorer Assistant Chief Alisha Fern

Leadership: The ability to guide, direct, and influence others.

Leadership can be thought of as a capacity to define oneself to others in a way that clarifies and expands a vision of the future.

[email protected]

Comment

Punishment is the wrong word.

Your actions as a leader should be to correct the behavior or if the violation is severe enough, just dismiss them.

I have put restrictions on a junior firefighter because of grades and once because they were simply being disrespectful at home (in consultation with the Jr's mother). The restriction was that they could no longer respond for calls or to be at the firehouse.

I would be very careful with juniors/explorers "punishing" each other and I would also avoid any sort of physical "punishment". Smells too much like hazing and god forbid someone gets hurt in the process.

As Chief, I had 100% responsibility over the Juniors. I made it clear to them my expectations and that in most cases, "discipline" would be that they turn in their equipment.
                                Last edited by ChiefKN; 12-15-2010, 01:31 PM.
                                I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X