No announcement yet.

Duty Shirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The combination department I am a volunteer for has dark blue t-shirts for normal duty time. We have sometimes worn them at special events since the back has in big yellow letters the word FIRE. Other events that a bit nicer shirt is needed we have a dark maroon polo shirt. Then there are the class A uniforms that are worn on very special occasions. The t-shirts and polo shirt are all the same with no rank or name on them just the department logo on front.
    The paid department I work for is similar. T-shirts or polo shirt during duty hours. Sometimes when doing inspections or a certain event we wear the polo shirt other than that its up to the individual which one you want to wear that day. Firefighters and Lieutenants have dark blue, Captains wear red and Chief officers have white. We also have our class A light blue button down with all the brass trimming for special events.

As far as which looks more professional, I don't think it really matters as long as the shirt is in good shape and the firefighters work in a professional maner. Responding as a vollie, we sometimes get a call when your doing yardwork or something. Sometimes have responded with a tank top on, most people understand that we are mainly a volunteer department and only care about the service that is performed. Some of us, especially the officers, try to keep a department t-shirt with the bunker gear to slip on before responding but it is not required.
    Vintage Firefighter: The older I get, the braver I was.

Comment

I was a Reserve for a mid-sized dept. where whenever we left the station we had to be in our class b's. At night it didn't matter.

Now I am career at a different department and we never where our class b's. It's t-shirts and sweatshirts everywhere. I don't think we look very professional but who cares what I say I am a probie!

Comment

I'm on a combination department. The paid guys wear polo shirts with the dept. logo embroidered on the front. Winter time they will sometimes wear long sleeve t-shirts.
        The volunteers wear short and long sleeved t-shirts and sweatshirts.
        We all have a dress uniform also with long sleeve button shirt, pants, tie, etc.
        S.Davis
        EMT-B/FF1/ARFF

Comment

Originally posted by firejer3 View Post
          In Alliance Ohio, we wear T-shirts or sweatshirts when responding to emergency calls or just sitting in the station. But when we do inspections, parades, or something where we are in the public eye (non-emergency) we wear our button ups with our badges and name tags. And we wear a completely different blue than that of the PD.
          This is how we do it, as well. Basically if it's a non-emergency event we're leaving the station for (or if there's a station tour or something scheduled), we have to put on the uniform shirt. Emergency runs we wear whatever we've got on (pants and t-shirt/sweatshirt unless it's workout time and we're in shorts).

Our problem is that after we went from light blues to navy blue, the cops and ambulance liked it so much they switched! I'm sure if we found a new color they'd like it, too.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X