No announcement yet.

How would YOU improve the IAFF ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truck Skipper. I support Harold. But when a contested race for General President does occur, I would like to see someone from the middle of the country run. Whitehead was from California. Schaitberger is from Virginia. There is a lot of land between the oceans.
    Last edited by MIKEYLIKESIT; 11-25-2006, 11:25 AM.
    IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

There are also members in Canada, Why shouldn't a Canadian run the IAFF?
      A'int No Rocket Scientist's in The Firehall

Comment

Good question Smoke. I do not know why it couldnt happen. There would have to probably be a split of American votes. Interesting possibilities though.
        IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

unions

Hello all, I'll throw an answer out there that may or may not be relevant to what was being asked. I've been a career ff for 13 yrs, union the whole time, shop steward for the last 4. We are IBT, Teamsters. Our state does have collective bargaining rights. Our dept. has been that way since the beginning of paid personnel in the 20's. The only reason we are staying Teamster and not going IAFF is insurance. We are the only personnel in our city not on the city insurance, and ours is ALOT cheaper. It's not quite as good as what the city is offering, but with the disparity in rates, no city employee is paying for ins. out of their check.

We may jump ship soon and go with IAFF, we'll get better ins. with the city, but we'll end up having to pay for a portion of it next contract.

Is there a reason the IAFF doesn't get a group ins. rate and offer it? The cheaper ins. has always been a strong bargaining point for us.

Comment

Drop Article 15

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2203
              Drop Article 15
              Or how about doing a better job ENFORCING it ?
              IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

Here's YOUR chance to be part of the process. From the IAFF web site
                December 1, 2006 – IAFF members planning to attend the IAFF 2007 Legislative Conference should also plan to extend their stay in Washington, DC by one extra day in order to attend an extraordinary presidential forum featuring candidates who will likely make a run for the White House in 2008. Scheduled for March 11-15, 2007, the IAFF will be inviting select top presidential contenders from both parties to participate in this unique forum.

“This is a tremendous opportunity for IAFF members to hear from some of the men and women with aspirations to lead our nation,” says IAFF General President Harold Schaitberger, who adds that the presentations of the candidates will play a role in the union’s endorsement process.

“I want to give all credible candidates a fair opportunity to make their case to the most politically active members in our union,” Schaitberger says.

The 2007 Legislative Conference will also include issue briefings on IAFF priority legislation and the annual congressional reception. Registration for the IAFF 2007 Legislative Conference will be available online in the coming weeks. Hotel reservations can be made immediately by calling the Hyatt Regency Hotel on Capitol Hill at (202) 737-1234. The discounted room rate for IAFF members has been extended through Wednesday night.
                IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                Working...
                X