No announcement yet.

Brother looking for some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backing up union bothers and sisters is why I posted. Not to speek to a double dipper like you.

I am sure your Union Board just loves you.
    There is nothing wrong with supporting other union members, but I love how a difference of opinion gets you to turn your back on other brothers. All I see from you on here is drink the kool-aid, blind allegiance, accept everything the union tells you to. How American of you. Whatever happened to having different ideas, and debating them when they are different?

I am also quite sure his principle officers like him just fine, he pays his dues.

Why dont you quit because of beliefs?
    Too much of a coward to stand alone.
    Why should he quit? All he has is a different opinion about a specific union issue. Here’s one for you, since I’m sure you voted democrat in the election earlier this month, I believe you support terrorists, as well as terrorism.
    That makes as much sense as you do right now. Besides, union membership up here is not a choice, it’s mandatory for the job.

I am thankful to the IAFF and all its done for me and my family. I am also thankful to all those who have sacraficed for the fire service. For example to the Chicago firemen and all the other suburban departments who went on strike to secure our collective bargining rights. Many of them lost their jobs to secure our rights. How hard that must have been on their familes. I owe them a alot.
    I am thankful as well. My local also went on strike, and was very supportive of Local-2 when they walked out. My first company officer was an e-board member who helped make the decision to walk out here.
    So, since you brought this up, what about the firemen who were run of the job because they didn’t walkout? I know here there were several who didn’t strike, because of their conscience. They felt it was more important to fight fires, and save lives, and work on alternative methods to get what they wanted. Their lives were ruined because the ‘brothers’ felt it was within their rights to harass, intimidate, and threaten them because they didn’t strike. I am talking about here specifically.
    This kind of BS still happens today. I have seen it firsthand.

There is nothing wrong with supporting, or promoting a union agenda, but some of the attitude I see has no place. Some of the actions I see from members of the same union is hard to believe.

Comment

Jasper,

I am sure you are a coward and would not strike. That would be hard and your all about whats easy for you. I bet you would not stand up for anything unless it benifited you directly. And if you did your homework instead of flap your gums you would now the IAFF is bi-partician. Meaning I did support Republicans on our election day.

You can talk to me when you do something for someone other than yourself.

If you hate the union so much quit and continue being a part timer.

I am positive your union board feels your a worthless anyway.

Comment

Jasper,

I looked back at some of your past posts and you seem like someone who just hates the IAFF to hate it. Your also one of the reasons more IAFF guys dont post here. Wish I could talk to Union President so I could tell him what you have been up to. Im sure your too much of a punk to tell him.

No need to respond back you have already made up your mind-----I would not want to confuse you with the facts.
        Last edited by ekhaber; 11-13-2006, 10:35 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

point made, post deleted, no point in arguing with ignorance.
          Last edited by jasper45; 11-13-2006, 01:24 PM.

Comment

We could use a little more decorum here gentlemen,we are afterall, all union brothers
            A'int No Rocket Scientist's in The Firehall

Comment

I looked back at some of your past posts and you seem like someone who just hates the IAFF to hate it. Your also one of the reasons more IAFF guys dont post here. Wish I could talk to Union President so I could tell him what you have been up to. Im sure your too much of a punk to tell him.

I don't hate the IAFF, I am not happy with the antics of a few of our members right now. Sooner or later these antics will pass, it's just a rocky road right now.
              In case you didn't notice, there are alot of members who post here, and they offer a wide variety of positions and opinions.
              I've said it before, the IAFF has done alot for us as firemen, but to ask for blind allegience, or to accept a decision only because the union tells me to is just wrong.
              I've said nothing on here my affiliate would be ashamed of, beside the point I'm not speaking for them, or on behalf of them. This forum has nothing to do with them, I was under the assumption that this was just a general forum for talking.

P.S.
              Smoke, I just read your post, and you are right. I will not participate in this conversation anymore, and make use of my ignore feature.
              Last edited by jasper45; 11-13-2006, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jasper45
                So, since you brought this up, what about the firemen who were run of the job because they didn’t walkout? I know here there were several who didn’t strike, because of their conscience. They felt it was more important to fight fires, and save lives, and work on alternative methods to get what they wanted. Their lives were ruined because the ‘brothers’ felt it was within their rights to harass, intimidate, and threaten them because they didn’t strike. I am talking about here specifically.
                This kind of BS still happens today. I have seen it firsthand.
                The strike here was before my time, but I have heard many stories about the "brothers" who crossed the line - showing their paychecks out the window at the men on the barrel. I have yet to hear a scab justify his behavior by using the "conscience" argument - mostly they don't talk about it at all. I did hear this as being a factor for some black firemen as they saw it as all "their people" dying for the strike. I have my personal feelings about the scabs, but it was long before my time. I have worked with both scabs and BOB guys who still refuse to talk to them and the only ones I have a problem with are the scabs who are critical of the union (since they really don't have a right to belong, imho) and the guys who came on in '80 trying to be legit guys now when they shouldn't even be on the job. The "big class" of '80 will all be gone soon and I think it will make the department better by removing the cause of so much trouble and conflict. It will be a shame though to loose the tough, old school union men who risked all to put us where we are today.
                I am a complacent liability to the fire service

Comment

Chicago, that post is excellent, and the only reason I decided to post again. I'm willing to cut a person slack if they told me their conscience was the reason they crossed the strike. If they did it for money only, they're wrong, plain and simple. There were three guys here run off the job because they didn't walkout, and all were black. The reasons I heard, from reliable sources said pretty much the same thing you did. The majority of our work is inner city, where there is a large black population. They felt wrong about leaving their homes unprotected, and many union brothers ran them off the job. In fact, some of them tampered with their masks, or other protective equipment.
                  If someone were to wave their paycheck out a window though, they deserve the woop'n they would get.

Comment

You undermine my ability as an american to unionize and to feed my family you are a scab and I have no remorse or concern for a man who benefits from the union but isn't willing to give his all for the benefit of all of us ...I've walked a picket line with my father and it was that picket line and strike that helped my father feed and house our family...I'm sure the brothers in Chicago, New York and many other cities could never have seen it comming...but did what they thought was best for the union and their families when no one else cared about their welfare.

You ask me to choose between my family and the city I'm sworn to protect...it is going to come down to my family the brothers families and then the city...in that order.

The unionization and power to collectively strike among other things is what helps to balance the power in this country and actually bring about better labor relations...when you have an imbalance this leads to increased labor strife and tension along with lower productivity and is expressly why the government sought to invoke the Wagner Act.

I know from some old-timer friends of mine who struck in a large city not to far from Chicago some of the men simply rode around in vans and would conduct searches of buildings to ensure no one was inside at a fire and then left the building to burn. It seemed like the right thing to do to still get their point accross...no one died.

I see no problem with never talking to a scab again...as I don't know how one could trust a man like that with your life again. I know a number of old-timers who lived through it and of course never want to repeat it as many friendships were lost and it left many with hard feelings...but should the poltical situation god forbid require my local to call a strike in the future...I have no problem walking off the job...fines or jail time be damned.

FTM-PTB

Comment

Originally posted by ekhaber
                      Fyred up,

Just ss I stated before it is clueless people like you you like to sit around and pick apart comments based on your lack of a clear understanding on the issues that makes me reluctent to post,

Backing up union bothers and sisters is why I posted. Not to speek to a double dipper like you.

I am sure your Union Board just loves you.

You sit around accepting your union job and union benifits but God forbid you had to actualy had to do something for it.

You are a leech sucking off the blood of your local.

Why dont you quit because of beliefs?

Too much of a coward to stand alone.

Get a clue.

I am thankful to the IAFF and all its done for me and my family. I am also thankful to all those who have sacraficed for the fire service. For example to the Chicago firemen and all the other suburban departments who went on strike to secure our collective bargining rights. Many of them lost their jobs to secure our rights. How hard that must have been on their familes. I owe them a alot.

But I am sure fyred up feels that his little vollie side job is the most important thing to him, his rights and all. The rights others have gotten for him because Im sure he dosn't fight for anything himself, too busy working part time as a vollie.

If you do go bunker make sure you wear shorts under the bunker Chicago it helps a little with mobility.
                      Actually, I find guys like you just plain sad. When you run out of any kind of rational argument you always resort to the same nonsense. Name calling, threats, intimidation and frankly tired old 1020's style Unionism. I would bet that YOU are the kind of guy harassing and intimidating guys on the job. How many cars have you damaged? Or guys have you roughed up? I'll bet while your local is proud your mom isn't.

Jasper,

I am sure you are a coward and would not strike. That would be hard and your all about whats easy for you. I bet you would not stand up for anything unless it benifited you directly. And if you did your homework instead of flap your gums you would now the IAFF is bi-partician. Meaning I did support Republicans on our election day.

OH MY GOD is that too funny. The IAFF supported Republicans? WHO?? And I am shoccked that you went agaionst the IAFF anbd voted Republican...shame on you.

By the way...I know for a fact that Jasper is not a part-timer. So if you want to insult and demean and harass people at least have your stories straight.

Nice name calling...what day did you learn that at your Union worker's school?

Jasper,

No need to respond back you have already made up your mind-----I would not want to confuse you with the facts.
                      I love guys like you...it makes defining hypocrit, thug, rat and other terms so easy.

By the way...this is NOT an IAFF site. It is open to all and their opinions are as valid as anyone elses. YOU should read the terms of use because these posts that you have put here violate those terms. Name calling and threats are not allowed here. This is not a Union meeting at the local bar so get over yourself.

FyredUp
                      Crazy, but that's how it goes
                      Millions of people living as foes
                      Maybe it's not too late
                      To learn how to love, and forget how to hate

Comment

EKHABER
                        {QUOTE} Wish I could talk to Union President so I could tell him what you have been up to. Im sure your too much of a punk to tell him. {/QUOTE}

{QUOTE} I am sure you are a coward and would not strike. That would be hard and your all about whats easy for you. I bet you would not stand up for anything unless it benifited you directly.{/Quote}

{QUOTE} I am sure you are a coward and would not strike. That would be hard and your all about whats easy for you. I bet you would not stand up for anything unless it benifited you directly. And if you did your homework instead of flap your gums you would now the IAFF is bi-partician. Meaning I did support Republicans on our election day.

Today 03:01 PM {/Quote}

Typical forums crap spewing BS about one of My Brother's care to meet and further dicuss it?? Feel free to pm me.

FTM PTB RFB
                        Box 8087
                        Last edited by Pipeman2; 11-13-2006, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Just curious, going back to charges and penalties...if the "non volunteer" rule is so flagrantly ignored in some areas...can another area truly enforce it? I am assuming that if someone is charged with this, they get a hearing of some type. Couldn't they simply point to some of the other areas where that rule is ignored and not suffer any charges/penalties?
                          "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

Originally posted by Bones42
                            Just curious, going back to charges and penalties...if the "non volunteer" rule is so flagrantly ignored in some areas...can another area truly enforce it? I am assuming that if someone is charged with this, they get a hearing of some type. Couldn't they simply point to some of the other areas where that rule is ignored and not suffer any charges/penalties?
                            OJ got away with murder, does that mean I can cut a girls head off and get away with it by pointing to OJ???
                            I am a complacent liability to the fire service

Comment

Wow you anti union guys have been busy.

Sorry fired up but your just as misinformed as I thought you were. And pipemen are you his Union President. If you are let me know the Local, you dont have to give me a name I will look it up. I am in local 717.

Oh please report me and throw me off the post that would break my heart.

The only reson I am postimg is because this anti union stuff makes me sick. Especially from you guys reping all the benifits but rapping on it at the same time.

And pipemen give it up your a joke, I have been threatened by guys that are scary. Certainly not you. HA HA tough guy.
                              Last edited by ekhaber; 11-13-2006, 03:55 PM. Reason: added more

Comment

This issue has been hashed, re-hashed, thrown about, screamed about and left a lot of hard feelings about. I do not drink "Union Kool-aid". I generally support our leadership and will urge them to tread very carefully in the 2008 presidential elections. However, there are many IAFF members who only pay dues and wonder why they have no say in the direction of THEIR union. Paying dues isn't enough. EVERY member has the right AND responsibility to make sure OUR UNION is a democratic one. I am surprised being in the union is mandatory Milwaukee. Honestly, I would rather have someone with no interest or desire to belong, OUT. No fair share...Let them fend for themselves. Those of you have collective bargaining should be thanking your lucky stars each and every day. Don't take it for granted. It could be taken away someday. Those of you who don't, I feel for you and hope someday you will be afforded this basic right. The IAFF will never make a huge issue about "two-hatting". Not all situations are the same. If you are a volunteer in some little country town and the department COULDNT survive without YOUR superior firefighting skills, by all means fire up your blue light. If you cant use your superior firefighting skills at your paid gig and need to use them, by all means volunteer, live at the firehouse, fight with fellow IAFF members because we know it isnt about serving the community..Its about YOU... These really don't apply to me. My problems start when I go the negotiating table and have to fight for benefits and get the ol"...."Town X is paying your fellow off duty IAFF members for less pay, no pension or pesky insurance". "Sounds like a good idea to us". We don't have Volunteers around these parts. We have plenty of SELFISH short-sighted IAFF members that are effecting MY bottom line. Because yes, although I am a huge believer in Brother/Sisterhood(BEST career in the world) I want to earn a decent living for doing a good job in a dirty, dangerous profession.
                                Last edited by MIKEYLIKESIT; 11-13-2006, 04:24 PM.
                                IAFF-IACOJ PROUD

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X