Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPFDRum
    replied
    Wow, what a bunch of intelligent answers, for a moment there I thought I stumbled upon a wacker thread or an explorer post. Especially those that where their turn-out coat for everything. Honestly, if you show up on the box or a rig, the public will get the hint you are a firefighter, no need to where a contaminated, dirty turn-out coat to show the world you are a firefighter.
    Anyway, I'm not sure what these clowns are wearing on there 1 run a day company, but if they want to look like a bunch of bums, let them. If these guys are career, thank the Lord I'm not there or one of them.
    Now for a real answer, we are are issued 2 coats; 1 is an Eisenhower style we call an engine house coat. Good for winter, has a short length that's bloused, but not very waterproof. The other is a long coat refered to as an EMS coat. This one is made by Gerber and is waterproof and has a zip out liner. So it is a good choice pretty much year round. The new guys where issued North Face coats which are really nice.
    But as far as full length rain gear, we have none.

Leave a comment:

• tecrsq
    replied
    Originally posted by irons308
    trash bag with a hole
    LMAO and tie a knot in it and ya have a place to carry your stuff!

Leave a comment:

• tecrsq
    replied
    Dept. issued turnout coat works great, personal coat is an exalt fabric from Massif Mtn. Indus. and is no longer made.

Leave a comment:

• 2andfrom
    replied
    Like your approach

Originally posted by irons308
    trash bag with a hole
    Simplistic and modern--I like it. Now what about colour? Do you go for Trash Bag Green--or something a bit more formal? Black is so yesterday--just a small plastic tie string at the neck--who knows we could be on to a winner!!

Our motto--"Wino's wear it -why not you!"

Leave a comment:

• irons308
    replied
    trash bag with a hole

Leave a comment:

• fyrmed
    replied
    new Jackets

Try taking a look at HIGH GEAR out of Hood River, Oregon HIGH GEAR . They have an excellent coat that is used by many Dept's and other Agencies throughout the Northwest. They make an very nice jacket, and actually specialize in outdoor clothing. I personnelly own one of their Mountaineering Parkas and love it. Here is the link for their Fire/EMS coat,The Responder

Take a look and see what you think. You'll like the coat.

Leave a comment:

• 2andfrom
    replied
    Chic

Originally posted by KyleWickman
    What type of rain gear do you use. (if any) Looking for a good Jackets.
    We always used those dinky "girly type" umbrella's in various autumn shades,with a matching pair of slingback fireboot--and really neat chiffon headscarves-you know like Jackie Kennedy wore--not forgetting the sunglasses on top of the head.

As for the jackets-oh my--you cannot get a Versace for love or money!!
    Mind you lots of the chaps just would not turn out in the rain--end of firecall--let it burn,if its raining hard enough that will put the fire out.

Are you real?

Leave a comment:

• JTFIRE80
    replied
    If you don't like water, you're in the wrong job.

Leave a comment:

• BD6413
    replied
    Turn-Out Coats.

Leave a comment:

• Just a new name
    started a topic Rain Gear?

Rain Gear?

What type of rain gear do you use. (if any) Looking for a good Jackets.

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X