Rain Gear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rain Gear?

What type of rain gear do you use. (if any) Looking for a good Jackets.
    This space for rent

Turn-Out Coats.

Comment

If you don't like water, you're in the wrong job.
      A Fire Chief has ONLY 1 JOB and that's to take care of his fireman. EVERYTHING else falls under this.

Comment

Chic

Originally posted by KyleWickman
        What type of rain gear do you use. (if any) Looking for a good Jackets.
        We always used those dinky "girly type" umbrella's in various autumn shades,with a matching pair of slingback fireboot--and really neat chiffon headscarves-you know like Jackie Kennedy wore--not forgetting the sunglasses on top of the head.

As for the jackets-oh my--you cannot get a Versace for love or money!!
        Mind you lots of the chaps just would not turn out in the rain--end of firecall--let it burn,if its raining hard enough that will put the fire out.

Are you real?

Comment

new Jackets

Try taking a look at HIGH GEAR out of Hood River, Oregon HIGH GEAR . They have an excellent coat that is used by many Dept's and other Agencies throughout the Northwest. They make an very nice jacket, and actually specialize in outdoor clothing. I personnelly own one of their Mountaineering Parkas and love it. Here is the link for their Fire/EMS coat,The Responder

Take a look and see what you think. You'll like the coat.
          Greg Loveall, FF/PM
          Columbia River Fire & Rescue
          IAFF-L3215

Comment

trash bag with a hole

Comment

Like your approach

Originally posted by irons308
              trash bag with a hole
              Simplistic and modern--I like it. Now what about colour? Do you go for Trash Bag Green--or something a bit more formal? Black is so yesterday--just a small plastic tie string at the neck--who knows we could be on to a winner!!

Our motto--"Wino's wear it -why not you!"

Comment

Dept. issued turnout coat works great, personal coat is an exalt fabric from Massif Mtn. Indus. and is no longer made.
                TecRsq
                North Georgia

- Let No Mans Ghost Come Back To Say My Fire Training Let Me Down -

Comment

Originally posted by irons308
                  trash bag with a hole
                  LMAO and tie a knot in it and ya have a place to carry your stuff!
                  TecRsq
                  North Georgia

- Let No Mans Ghost Come Back To Say My Fire Training Let Me Down -

Comment

Wow, what a bunch of intelligent answers, for a moment there I thought I stumbled upon a wacker thread or an explorer post. Especially those that where their turn-out coat for everything. Honestly, if you show up on the box or a rig, the public will get the hint you are a firefighter, no need to where a contaminated, dirty turn-out coat to show the world you are a firefighter.
                    Anyway, I'm not sure what these clowns are wearing on there 1 run a day company, but if they want to look like a bunch of bums, let them. If these guys are career, thank the Lord I'm not there or one of them.
                    Now for a real answer, we are are issued 2 coats; 1 is an Eisenhower style we call an engine house coat. Good for winter, has a short length that's bloused, but not very waterproof. The other is a long coat refered to as an EMS coat. This one is made by Gerber and is waterproof and has a zip out liner. So it is a good choice pretty much year round. The new guys where issued North Face coats which are really nice.
                    But as far as full length rain gear, we have none.
                    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
                    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
                    George Mason
                    Co-author of the Second Amendment
                    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
                    Elevator Rescue Information

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X