Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

What's In Your Pocket?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Left pants pocket - bag with individual slots for the following:spring loaded linemans pliers, 6 " Craftsmans Robo Grip pliers, 2 shims, door hinge stop plate, TFT combi-wrench, chalk, Buck knife, kerry key and shove knife.

Left pants pocket beside bag - blue piece of 15' pre-sewn 1" flat H.D. webbing with aluminum autolock carabiner, spare carbon hood.

Right pants pocket - Pelican LED flashlight, Ringers Extrication gloves, pouch with 30' of 8mm accessory cord and aluminum autolocking carabiner.

Left coat pocket - pocket mask, pouch with spare nitrile gloves, earplugs

Right coat pocket - small bag containing a pen, 2 power bars, Goody's brain ache powders, immodium and an insect bite/ sting stick as well as a particulate mask.

On my S.C.B.A. I have a bail out bag with 70 ' of high temp 8mm rope, con space single pulley, aluminum autolocking carabiner and a 20' orange sling of 1" flat H.D. webbing.

My coat has a H.D. anchor sling around the chest and it's secured with fold over PBI material that is closed with velcro to keep it secured and I keep a big hook Carabiner on it for lock offs on the Truck, ground ladders or bail out situations.

I also have a Pelican Big Ed on the coat as a primary light.

Seems like a lot when you take it all out but configured this way I can access everything with minimal effort and the immediate equipment can be accessed with a S.C.B.A. on.

I also keep an extra bag with other stuff on the apparatus to allow for a comfortable extended stay on energency scenes.

Minimalist I am not but I need very little to get me by and that makes me more comfortable on any scene.
    TecRsq
    North Georgia

- Let No Mans Ghost Come Back To Say My Fire Training Let Me Down -

Comment

What I have: Qualifiers-Truckman, company is RIT trained and dispatched as such to other districts.
      R bunker- channel locks, wire cutter, versi screw driver
      L bunker- 10' webbing loop, 3' webbing loop, ff gloves
      R coat pocket- work gloves, door boots x2
      L coat pocket- allen set, leatherman, 1 wood wedge
      Inside pocket- dust mask x2, safety glasses
      L coat breast pocket- radio (if it works)
      Last edited by SPFDRum; 09-12-2006, 09:15 PM.
      My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
      "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
      George Mason
      Co-author of the Second Amendment
      during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
      Elevator Rescue Information

Comment

This is what I would consider "basic"...

- pair of spare fire gloves

- heavy-duty dikes or linesman pliers

- buck type knife

- multi tool (leatherman type)

- heavy-duty webbing with loops & D-ring (Save-a-Jake would be better)

- flashlight

- a couple wedges (for sprinklers/doors)

- personal escape rope

- window punch

- foldng spanner w/ gas shut off

- A means of marking rooms/buildings that have been earched. We use a roll of bright orange tape, that stuff they mark constructon sites with.
        Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
        RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
        Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Comment

The must have first.

Flashlight. I prefer the BigED D-cell
          10" cresent
          ScrewDriver. One of each.
          3" folding knife.
          10" slip joint pliers.

Now what I carry.

Flashlight hanging from mic loop. BigED D-cell
          10" cresent
          10" slip joint pliers
          10" Vise Grip
          6 'n 1 screw driver
          Tin snipes
          Work gloves (Aside from my fire gloves)
          2-6' tension straps
          5-door wedges
          50' 8mm dynamic repelling rope
          15' 8mm rope
          2-6' 8mm ropes
          4.5" folding knife hanging (lanyard) inside radio pocket from mic loop.

Not in my pockets but I also carry a TNT tool, TIC, and radio.

Comment

I see a few common themes and I will be posting condensed results soon. Just out of curiosity, I see a lot of the "webbing with a biner or d ring" in several posts. I've talked to a bunch of local guys about what they use it for, but can you guys include some feedback on it? I see a lot of that as part of your essentials. Thanks, and I'll get those numbers up shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by TFW1TFW1
              I see a few common themes and I will be posting condensed results soon. Just out of curiosity, I see a lot of the "webbing with a biner or d ring" in several posts. I've talked to a bunch of local guys about what they use it for, but can you guys include some feedback on it? I see a lot of that as part of your essentials. Thanks, and I'll get those numbers up shortly.

Although you can do MANY things with it, we primarily carry it for self rescue and buddy rescue. It's real easy to do a buddy drag or to tie a hasty harness around yourself or a buddy to lower out a window. Or, you can use the webbing to tie off to an anchor point for repelling if you have a harness on already.

Comment

I left it out but I also carry 3 carbiners. I use the 15 rope to make a 4 point harness, and connect them with a carbiner. I use a second carbiner like a figure 8 with 3 turn to repel with. The 3 would be to attach my rope to an anchor point.
                We are provided bailout bag attached to the bottom of our SCBAs, so this is now reduntant, but I still carry it. I have just chose to carry rope instead of webbing but both work.

Comment

Comment

Current Poll Results

OK, here is a basic run-down so far. I definitely see some trends, which is cool. Some of the crazy items and minimally chosen things will not show unless they get more "votes" as we continue. They are ordered from most important to the least important from what we have at this point. Different items grouped together means that the votes were tied for these items thus far.

1. Door Chocks - (Wedge-It, Hingestar, Wooden, etc.)

2. Webbing & Biner(s) - (From lengths of 12' to 30')

3. Smaller Flashlight

4. Pliars, Vice Grips, Channel Locks
                    - Cable/Wire Cutters
                    - Multi-Tip Screw Driver

5. Window Punch
                    - Personal Escape Rope
                    - Extrication/Work Gloves

6. Sprinkler Stop
                    - Multi-Tool (Leatherman, Gerber, etc.)

7. Ear Plugs
                    - Safety Glasses
                    - EMS Gloves

8. Shove Knife
                    - Allen Wrench(s)
                    - Door Strap(s)
                    - Hose Tool/Strap

9. Chalk
                    - Utility Rope
                    - Spanner (Folding or Regular)
                    - Pocket Mask (CPR)

10. Pen/Paper
                    - Ratchet
                    - Electricl Tape

Don't stop now. We're just gettin' fired up. Need more to either prove or disprove current "trends." Tell us what YOU have in your pockets!

Comment

? is there a way to set up as a pole?

Comment

Probably, but I'm a computer idiot.

Comment

Helmet: 3 chocks, flashlight, safety glasses

coat: knife, flashlight, whistle, webbing, 2 caribeaners, ear plugs, screwdriver bits, keys, lock pick

pants: multitool w/ hammer o2 & gas shutoff knife saw window punch spanner and screw driver hex slot, linesman pliers with roll of duct tape wrapped on handle and driver bits welded to ends, hose strap, bailout kit.

tool bag: extra hoods, extra gloves firefighting and medical, vice grips, wire cutters, extra knife, extra chocks, medical supplies, water, hand sanitizor, extra flashlight, safety vest, pump card, eye wash, hand warmers, flint

all gear painter with blue stripe
                          Last edited by Tosshhh_; 01-15-2019, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Spare flashlight
                            20' webbing
                            10' webbing
                            Slotted screwdriver
                            Wedges
                            Center Punch
                            EMS shears
                            Medical tape
                            Train to fight the fires you fight.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)