Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Funny Quotes....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny Quotes....

Post the funniest stuff you have heard at either a job or at the kitchen table:

I'll go first:

Lt to a rather PORTLEY member of the barge....errr I mean Truck Comapny during the 6x meal........fat truckie requested NO CARBS for HIS plate....

Engine Member: Hey ****** you on a diet?
    Fat Truckie: YEAH!
    Engine Member: How's it going
    Fat Truckie: GREAT!......I have lost 6 pounds
    Engine Company LT: Oh come on my man! That's like throwing a deck chair off the titanic........

Everyone nearly pizzez themselves in laughter......I shot a piece of potato out of my nose......GD FUNNY!!!
    Last edited by VinnieB; 10-05-2005, 12:37 AM.
    IACOJ Member

we had a guy who was extremely religous(I am too but not like this guy) but we had a guy ask (i'll try to edit it) "Do they swim around in her stomach" and he got so red he left the table
    The Box. You opened it. We Came...

"You'll take my life but I'll take your's too. You'll fire musket but I'll run you through. So when your waiting for the next attack, you'll better understand there's no turn back."

Comment

I mentioned this in another thread........

Radio Xmistion for a fire on the 5th floor of an occupied MD...with fire blowing out of 1 window on arrival.....nickle and dime stuff.....

"Battalion XX to Ladder XX.......K"
      "Ladder XX.....K"
      (Batt)"PD reports perp armed w/ a hand gun in the apt....K"
      Ladderxx: "10-4...armed perp in the apt, K"
      Ladderxx: "What do we do if he starts shootin' k?
      Battalion: "Err...shoot back k...."
      Ladderxx: "10-4 Chief......"

The Truck found the guy face down and out cold in the hallway of his apt.... and 4 cops on the fire floor bailed out due to the smoke.... LOL!

God I love this job!
      Last edited by VinnieB; 10-05-2005, 12:46 AM.
      IACOJ Member

Comment

An old chief who was not too good with the triage color system giving the report on the radio

Chief: "We have a bus accident. Paramedics on scene report 10 greens, 4 yellows, and two reds."

Main FAO: "Any blacks Chief?"

Chief: "They're all black!"
        I am a complacent liability to the fire service

Comment

Confuscious say: "Man with hand in pocket, feels cocky all day" per Chris Balassone

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoFF
            An old chief who was not too good with the triage color system giving the report on the radio

Chief: "We have a bus accident. Paramedics on scene report 10 greens, 4 yellows, and two reds."

Main FAO: "Any blacks Chief?"

Chief: "They're all black!"
            ROFLMFAO!! Sounds like something my DC would say.
            Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
            RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
            Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Comment

Some great quotes can be found here:
              www.memphisfire.net
              Click on "Quotes" on the left side of the screen.

Comment

Are HQ is being rehab and we have no heat...so the clerk of the works comes up with a plan for heat in the bunk room ......qoute of the day...

"Thats so crazy it just might work" and " Ya think"
                IACOJ Membership 2002
                {15}

Mike IAFF

The beatings will continue until the morale improves

Comment

We had a 22 year old telling us what a ladies man he was when I shot him one of my Dads famous one-liners " You couldnt make out in a whore house with a fistfull of $20's "

Comment

FF - "This might be a stupid question"

Me- "There is no such thing as a stupid question"

FF - "Since I live 5 miles from town, do my pager batteries go dead faster than the guys that live in town? You know, since the page has to go farther."

Me- trying to keep a straight face "Yep, they sure do, and you should also be running the 15w-40 pager oil instead of the 5w-30, so it doesn't overheat."
                    Jeremy Quist
                    Chief
                    LVFD
                    Laurel, NE

Not the end of the earth, but you can see clods falling off from here.

Comment

A fat FF from east side of town detailed over walks into kitchen in a.m., Lt says "Haven't seen you in a while, you been working out?" Fatso says-"No, not really". Lt says-"Yea, I didn't think so". Great line and easily adaptable to other situations.

Comment

Not really a quote, but rather a funny story... I was about 20 yrs old when this took place and the girl was 19.

I was with a girl I was dating in my truck and it was raining. The roads around here are really slick when wet. I pulled out from a side street onto an old farm road and pushed the gas. My tires started spinning so I pushed the pedal further to just play around. The speedo read almost 85 m.p.h. and she told me to stop because if a cop shot me with his radar, he would write me a ticket for speeding even though I was only doing about 5 m.p.h. She actually thought that the radar guns read what my speedo said. I couldn't stop laughing and she couldn't understand why, until I explained how radar guns operate.

Another time, I was at a friends house putting in hardood laminate floors. It was the tongue and groove style. They call them "floating" floors because they aren't secured to the floor beneath them. My friend's girlfriend wanted to know how they "floated" with all that weight. Another classic. Gotta love the blondes!

Comment

"Not very big around, but it sure is short."

"I cut that damm board 3 times and it's still too short!"

When asked how I dated such attractive women in college, I would reply "Im not very good looking, don't have a lot of money, but the called me Mr. Ed in high school and it aint cause I have a long FACE." I was kidding, of course, but it sounded funny to me.

Comment

Funny thing happened yesterday. The Scott tech was giving us a class on our new SCBAs and one of our LTs (a big boy, 6'4" about 300) asks if the straps are any bigger. The tech says no and asks why. The Lt says he has trouble putting it on while in the truck. The tech asks if hes ever tried Jenny Craig?
                            Fire Marshal/Safety Officer

IAAI-NFPA-IAFC/VCOS-Retired IAFF

"No his mind is not for rent, to any god or government"
                            RUSH-Tom Sawyer

Success is when skill meets opportunity
                            Failure is when fantasy meets reality

Comment

"I'd rather have a sister in a whore house than a brother on A-shift"

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X