Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone work this schedule, 24 on 48 off 24 on 96 off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone work this schedule, 24 on 48 off 24 on 96 off?

We were on 2x10,2x14 then off 4. We switched to 24/72 during covid (loved it) now we just voted in 24 on 48 off 24 on 96 off. Anyone work that schedule and if so what are your thoughts Vs 24/72? Thanks.

My department works the 24-48-24-96. We love it for the most part. I personally like the 96s because it’s easier to get away somewhere far and will have a day to recover from shift work plus the 3 full days off. The 4 days also let’s you work a 24 on the back end and still have 3 days off. Just something about only having 48 that just isn’t as refreshing as a 72. Plus a lot of guys say they miss the firehouse after 4 days so they are more motivated when they come in. Gives the feeling of the 2 on tours being a real work cycle if you will. Some guys miss being in the firehouse 4 days in a row (claim they miss fires and harder for new guys to learn a district without consistency). Just a few thoughts.

Comment

We work 24 on, 48 off, with a Kelly day by seniority every 3 weeks. That averages out a 48 hr. work week. I love it.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X