Firefighter Resume/tips:certs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefighter Resume/tips:certs

I am looking for more qualifications and certifications to put on my resume. I’m looking to be a firefighter. I have an associates in firescience, EMT-B, will be starting paramedic this fall, Nims 100,200,700,800, Hazmat Technician, and Basic Wildland Certifications. I don’t have firefighter 1 or 2, but will be hopefully acquiring those soon. Anything else you would like to recommend? I’m not currently volunteering at a department. I currently work as an EMT at a facility transport service. Besides thinking of being on a volunteer department, I’ve been thinking of joining the coast guard auxiliary. Do you think the coast guard aux would be beneficial to my resume, even if my job is not fire related and it is not considered military service. I like the idea of the coast guard because I want to serve, but I feel I may be spreading my time thin doing volunteer fire, volunteer coast guard, paramedic school, and work. Thank you.

That was an interesting way to go about certs; just my opinion but I feel like your time and money would’ve been better spend getting firefighter II and I before Hazmat Tech.

I don’t know that coast guard reserve would make you more attractive for a department. You obviously want to get on but doing the CGR thing may not help much, if any. If it’s something you’re compelled to do then do it; if you’re just thinking about doing it to be more attractive as a new-hire then I’d say don’t do it.

just my 2 cents. Good luck and be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackofallspades View Post
      That was an interesting way to go about certs; just my opinion but I feel like your time and money would’ve been better spend getting firefighter II and I before Hazmat Tech.

I don’t know that coast guard reserve would make you more attractive for a department. You obviously want to get on but doing the CGR thing may not help much, if any. If it’s something you’re compelled to do then do it; if you’re just thinking about doing it to be more attractive as a new-hire then I’d say don’t do it.

just my 2 cents. Good luck and be safe.
      Thank you for the response. I get what you mean. I got HAZMAT Tech prior to FF1/FF2 because it was required education in my firescience degree program. FF1 and FF2 certification was not part of the program because of the additional resources needed to certify us. I actually was registered for FF1/FF2 earlier this year, but was canceled due to the pandemic. I appreciate the response and input though. I haven't decided on coast guard yet, but we will see what happens after my paramedic cert is over.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
      Working...
      X