Medical Marijuana Facility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical Marijuana Facility

Does anyone have any information regarding these facilities in your city/town? is there any info regarding any exposure issues with firefighters? what about any firefighters with prescriptions for medical marijuana? we have a facility opening within the next few months, if anyone can help .
    thanks

Wear Scba

The dept will have to develop policy if not in place either to allow use or not, and of
    If allowed when, like alcohol
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

We don't and probably won't have any here in Minnesota, but you never know...
      With that being said, a couple of things come to mind: security-I'm sure the entry points and storage area will be more along the lines of a bank or a pharmacy. So pre-planning forcible entry and horizontal ventilation will be an issue.
      Another concern would be if its also a grow facility. If so, and using hydroponics and/or special lighting, electrical use and hence supply will be much greater than the building size or design would lead. Also the ventilation system will be much larger than you would normally encounter.
      As far as exposure, a good SOP on LDH/hazardous atmospheres and SCBA use should suffice.
      The only real concern would be ensuring there is plenty of Doritos and such in the canteen when it arrives.
      My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
      "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
      George Mason
      Co-author of the Second Amendment
      during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
      Elevator Rescue Information

Comment

Saw this old thread and it made me think. As far as I understand, people who need medical marijuana can't work as a fireman because of health issues. Am I right? The point is - my cousin wants to be the fireman. But he has neuropathy pains and the doctor told him to smoke medical marijuana. He buys it absolutely legal from Medical Marijuana Dispensary in Queens, but... can he really become a fireman? I know that this job is very dangerous. And if he have health problems, he won't do it right.
        Last edited by JoanneFraser; 08-04-2020, 03:18 AM.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
        Working...
        X