X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say get a him a Phenix Tl-2 leather helmet

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLake View Post
      So my husband will be graduating from Academy in a few short months. I'm starting to think of how to celebrate. Looks like they are going to rent out the Union Hall for a huge joint class party, so I don't have to worry about anything like that. But I want to get him a really nice fire-related gift.

Any suggestion? I thought of a St Florian medal, but I don't know if he'd wear it.
      FWIW my wife bought me a St. Florian pendant and chain about 16 years ago after being in the fire service a few years. I'm still wearing it today. You don't have to spend much money to get one, so you could still get that as well as one of the other things mentioned.
      FTM-PTB-RFB
      IACOJ

Comment

FireACademy grad gift ideas!

Hey all! I posted here before, a few months back, and asked this question and got some great responses. But I tried to find the old thread, and now it's gone. (Now found, and merged with this one.)

So my husband graduates next Friday from the CDF Fire Academy. He gets his unit day and station assignment next week. I need to find him a great graduation gift!

His best friend is getting him a St Florian medal. I was going to get him a watch, but have since decided against it. He badly wants a leather helmet, but those are out of my price range. He mentioned something about getting a knife to wear on his scba belt. Any good knife suggestions? Is wearing a knife in full gear practical? Any other suggestions?

And before it's brought up, steak dinner and BJ night is already planned.
        Last edited by IrishWife; 08-02-2011, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Haha, I remember your original post, if only for the last part that you mentioned.

If you look in your profile you can find old posts that you made. Here's your old thread:
          Here

Sorry, don't have many ideas other than those that were mentioned before.

Take care. And congrats to him.
          Nothing is as unimpressive as someone who is unwilling to learn.

Comment

Ahhh, now I see my old posts! Thanks yjbrody!

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLake View Post
              And before it's brought up, steak dinner and BJ night is already planned.
              You're married? You need to have a conversation with my wife.......No....Wait.....that could be bad....She'll turn you to the dark side......."Luke, I have a headache."
              "Loyalty Above all Else. Except Honor."

Comment

Gerber is a good brand and not too pricey. Also Ka Bar and SOG are very good knives. You can never go wrong with a good multi tool either.

Congrats to the hubby on the graduation
                Do not let the ghosts of our fallen brothers gaze upon you and ask " What have you done to my profession?" FTB DTRT EGH

Comment

Originally posted by FWDbuff View Post
                  You're married? You need to have a conversation with my wife.......No....Wait.....that could be bad....She'll turn you to the dark side......."Luke, I have a headache."
                  I could understand her saying that!
                  Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by fwdbuff View Post
                    you're married? You need to have a conversation with my wife.......no....wait.....that could be bad....she'll turn you to the dark side......."luke, i have a headache."
                    rotflmao!!!
                    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
                    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Comment

Gerber Hinderer Rescue knife is what I carry and I think it has everything he will need, and nothing he doesn't.
                      Attached Files
                      Whatever you are, be a good one. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

i dont know what his department issues him, but maybe a gift card to something like the fire store, or just give him the money to buy some tools to stuff his pockets with, that stuff can add up all at once.

Comment

Back when you were a Noob....

Husband graduates tomorrow, yay! He has his unit day assignment (Unit 1, starts right away on Monday), and will hopefully have his station assignment today or tomorrow.

He has been forwarned by his instructors that as a "New Boy," there will be certain expectations.... like keeping the station freezer stocked with ice cream until he's told to stop bringing it in. And I quote "And not the cheap sh*t either." I laughed and laughed! So I'll be stocking up on good ice cream when I see it on sale (thank goodness for chest freezers in the garage!), and he'll be taking a few gallons in with him first thing on Monday. (It's a shame they want ice cream, and not something like cookies, breads and pies, because I'm a killer baker.) However, he plans on stopping by his house tomorrow after graduation and finding out if there's anything else he should bring.

Also, word has gotten out that hubby was an academically trained chef, so it looks like he'll be cooking a bit.

So.... what were all of you expected to do when you first started? Any funny stories?
                          Last edited by IrishWife; 07-28-2011, 02:35 PM.

Comment

I collect royalties on the phrase "WAX ON - WAX OFF" from 1972, long before the movie.

Advise him we have an opening for a guy with that kind of tool box. Not so much for a firefighter but just the housecleaning and cooking duties. My crews cannot cook worth a crap and I am tired of their complaining.

I can cut the pay and hire a chef and no one would say a word...

I wish your 'noob' much success... sound like you are squarley in his corner and that makes his job alot easier. Bravo for you.

PK
                            HAVE PLAN.............WILL TRAVEL

Comment

show up early

do whatever was told to do
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X