painting helmets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• painting helmets

I have a red fiberglass carins 1010 i bought probally 4 years ago and was wanting it painted a different color from factory specs. also looking for custom tetrahedrons with the USC football gamecock in the center. Any suggestions on where i can find someone to do this and find the tets?

For display only?
    FTM - BTB - KTF

Comment

i was planning on still using as a back up and for show i have recently bought a natural leather new yorker

Comment

Lightly scuff the surface and use the Krylon paint for plastic specific applications. I think that would give you the best results.

Obviously a composite wont hold the paint as well as a leather in regards to scratches, etc.

The tets.. check with the Fire Store?
        FTM - BTB - KTF

Comment

According to the NFPA the helmet cannot be changed in any way without approval of the manufacturer, this would void the NFPA certification.

Comment

Originally posted by JKerns View Post
            I have a red fiberglass carins 1010 i bought probally 4 years ago and was wanting it painted a different color from factory specs. also looking for custom tetrahedrons with the USC football gamecock in the center. Any suggestions on where i can find someone to do this and find the tets?

If it is your helmet you can do whatever you want to do with it. You can paint it dog$hit brown and put skull and crossbones on it.

You do not need their approval.

The nfpa isn't a law, it is a orgazanation and writes and suggest standards. They will not come and take you away for changing the color of the helmet!

Comment

I recently just did this with a Black Bullard NST I had laying around..scuffed it up, using 3 different levels of sand paper and rattle canned it and it turned out pretty damn good for a can
              Attached Files
              "First In, Last Out"

Comment

Originally posted by ****brick3633 View Post
                i recently just did this with a black bullard nst i had laying around..scuffed it up, using 3 different levels of sand paper and rattle canned it and it turned out pretty damn good for a can
                Nice looking lid.
                Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Cairns/MSA has manufacturer recommended repainting instructions for comp[osite helmets on their site.
                  Jason Brooks
                  IAFF Local 2388
                  IACOJ

Comment

Brick, the finished product looks great!!

Comment

Thanks guys! I just wish the photos would allow me to upload a bigger picture
                      "First In, Last Out"

Comment

If you paint it I wouldnt recomend using it in a fire but just for show even with heat resistant paint you and I well know the temperatures of some fires will just make the paint look like crap

Comment

http://www.msafire.com/cairns_repainting.html
                          "The nation which forgets its defenders will be itself forgotten." - (John) Calvin Coolidge
                          "Speed is not a good alternative to lack of knowledge." -armymedic571

Comment

"custom tetrahedrons with the USC football gamecock in the center"........why don't you just buy a football helmet...thats totally embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by EBHFD68 View Post
                              "custom tetrahedrons with the USC football gamecock in the center"........why don't you just buy a football helmet...thats totally embarrassing.
                              Sports fire hlemts are gaining popularity thanks to that nut at the Jets games.LOL
                              FTM - BTB - KTF

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X