Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LaFireEducator
    replied
    At my combo gig, we have a choice of basic work pants at about $15 a pop or the 5-11 pants at about $45.

I still haven't been able to bring myself to blow almost a 1/4 of my uniform allowance on 2 pairs of pants.

Just call me cheap.

Leave a comment:

• CastelJ
    replied
    We wear 5.11 TacLite, these are an improvement over the old cotton ones. I had personnally bought the 5.11 EMS pant before we were issued these and all 4pairs faded. I shipped them back and vowed off 5.11 ever again (have had boot issues and prior fading issues with their black shorts as well). Well about 3 months later my department switched to the 5.11 TacLite, they are much improved but because of cost we are looking at switching already. Regime changes in the logistics section and everyone wants their favorite.

Personally I wish they issued the Elbeco pants, I always liked them.

Leave a comment:

• dmleblanc
    replied
    We have been using Blauer Street Gear pants and shirts for several years now, but we are transitioning to 5.11 TacLite pants and 5.11 tactical polo shirts. The TacLite material is much lighter and cooler than the old cotton ones, more like the ripstop material that summer-weight military BDU's are made from. Nothing but positive feedback from the troops so far.

Leave a comment:

• FyredUp
    replied
    Our normal station wear is Dickies Navy blue cotton polyester pants.

We have 2 other options. One of which is what I call "hut hut" pants of various manufacturers. These are tactical style pants with the big cargo pockets on the thigh. I buy Basic brand at K-Mart for $16 a pair or even better $10 a pair on sale. The other option is shorts that must be of the cargo pocket style.

Leave a comment:

• giweff
    replied
    unless you fight a lot of brush, wildland, or grass fires I don't see the need for nomex uniform pants. Or I guess if your still in hip boots. We wear either the elbeco or they started issueing the tru-spec cargo pants. Both are fine I don't care what I have to wear if they pay for them. I would love it if we could wear shorts during the summer time though.

Leave a comment:

• backsteprescue123
    replied
    We are issue some flying cross something.... as I am currently wearing them I don't think I can check. It might not be appreciated if I were to go pantsless at the watch desk.

Things are hot as hell. Don't breathe at all. Last day we were contemplating cutting the crotch out and having mesh sewn in.

I would find something else.

Leave a comment:

• Firemedic 61
    replied
    We use Pro-Tuff, have had them for years and love 'em.

Leave a comment:

• FiremanLyman
    replied
    We just got some 5.11 pants to demo. They are cotton (more breathable and much cheaper than Nomex), have some sort of knee pads, and a larger crotch (though I am not "blessed" enough to make that a big concern). They say that they are guaranteed to no fade (we'll have to see) and you can ship them back for a new pair if they do. Sounds pretty cool, I'll keep you informed.

Leave a comment:

• SCIBR10
    replied
    We run Lion's Nomex pants and duty shirts. A bit pricey, but they hold up well over time.

Leave a comment:

• oregonFF1
    replied
    We roll the Lion nomex pants or the Workrite nomex FR's. The workrites just came in and I've only worn them once, but I like both pairs.

Leave a comment:

• FiremanLyman
    replied
    Shorts, duty shorts... cotton $9 a pair.

We have Nomex pants... $80 a pair. They are hot and stiff, but they sure do last and are tough.

Leave a comment:

• GTRider245
    replied
    Nomex should outlast cotton or poly blend by at least a year ot two. So the cost really ends up paying for itself.

We wear Elbeco/Propper/5.11/whatever. They give us the option of straight leg or cargo pants. I go with the straight legs. I have no need to carry some of the crap other people do in the cargo pants pockets.

I wish we were all required to wear Nomex.

Leave a comment:

• Jonny Rotten
    replied
    We are required to wear Nomex pants. I'd say 99% of the guys wear Workrite brand. They seem to hold up very well. They hold there color very well after repeated washings. The only negative item I have is the cost. Thankfully we get a clothing allowance which covers it.

Leave a comment:

• mcl312
    replied
    5 11 100% cotton cargo pants, switched to them about a year ago. So far holding up well and everyone seems to like.

Leave a comment:

• Brick3633
    replied
    Originally posted by jtucker1384 View Post
    We use elbeco pant everyone in my department like them. They are very lightweight and they hold up very well. They also dry pretty quick. We previously used 5.11 pants and those were crap. They also come in even and odd sizes. Hope this helps.

We use the same..Elbeco..very durable and easy to wear

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X