Hose Dummies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hose Dummies

I'm a career firefighter but I also do a lot of training with the county volunteer departments. I'm looking to make my own hose dummy out of some old 2.5" and need some sort of idea about how to do it. I could copy the ones we have at my career department but I'd like to see how many different ideas I can find to make sure I get the best "dummy" for my application.

Ours was pretty simple... took some old hose and cut it in lengths for the torso and legs and then added a loop at the top. We secured it through the mid-section with all-thread and ny-lock nuts. We then added lengths of hose for both arms and again used some all-thread and ny-lock nuts thru the arms and shoulder area. This allows the arms to move a little when you are using webbing or doing drag drills. We then put a 10 pound bowling ball in the loop at the top and secured it with 3 lag bolts evenly spaced. We threw some old turnout gear on it and that's it. I didn't think that the hose would be heavy enough to simulate a real body but surprisingly, it'll give you a run for your money.

Hope you have fun making your own!!

Comment

You don't have to cut anything but the hose butts off.

Lay out the hose and fold it back and forth until you get enough on each side for arms, legs and body.

You may have to attach the legs and arms to the body using bolts and nuts.
      Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by east514 View Post
        I'm a career firefighter but I also do a lot of training with the county volunteer departments. I'm looking to make my own hose dummy out of some old 2.5" and need some sort of idea about how to do it. I could copy the ones we have at my career department but I'd like to see how many different ideas I can find to make sure I get the best "dummy" for my application.
        Just put a frontpiece on someones' helmet with the word "Engine" on it.

Comment

my old departments training dummy was made up of a pair of old work coveralls stuffed with folded up old hose (minus the couplings) the ends of the sleeves and legs were just wrapped in duck tape and the hose was all bundled up and wrapped with duck tape as well.
          "If you can't be a good example, the you'll just have to be a terrible warning."

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X