Management/Supervisory books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Management/Supervisory books

I have looked into a few management and supervisory books and was interested in what others have read and their thoughts. I am looking to purchase a few very soon. Thanks

the nfpa puts out a pretty good book. i will try to add the link here once i find it on the nfpa website.
    J
    It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Comment

http://www.nfpa.org/catalog/product....%5Ftype=search
      It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Comment

Thanks MCFD45. I will put it on the list.

Comment

I believe in FIRST IN LAST OUT and FIRE OFFICERS HANDBOOK of TACTICS by JOHN NORMAN. Great book i'm half way through now.

Comment

Thanks firefighter2454. I have read read John Norman's Fire Officers Handbook of Tactics. You're right, it is a great book. Can you tell me anything about First in Last out? I just started Fireground Strategies by Anthony L. Avillo. Very happy with it. I bought the workbook with it and am impressed with its layout.

Mcfd45 had suggested Management in the Fire Service by Harry Carter(for supervisory education). Do you know anything else about this book? I have read articles of Harry Carters' and will probably pick it up. I was hoping to learn more about it before I did so.

Comment

A couple come to mind.
              Corps Business: The 30 Management Principles of the U.S. Marines and
              It's Your Ship: Management Techniques from the Best Damn Ship in the Navy.

While not directly related to the fire service, they both cover principles and practices that are very consistent with fire department goals and objectives from a management perspective.
              Steve Gallagher
              IACOJ BOT
              ----------------------------
              "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
              Working...
              X