Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact sales@firehouse.com
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Add "EMT" To Your Emergency Professional Resume

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add "EMT" To Your Emergency Professional Resume

Many Fire Fighters find it beneficial not only to themselves, but their departments, to add an EMT certification to their professional certifications. More and more FD's are working EMS into their services, making EMT Fire Fighters more in demand. The only thing standing in the way of many Fire Fighters is time available to attend school. Busy schedules as an Emergency Responder definitely hinders attending traditional school environments, but that doesn't mean that training for EMT is impossible.

There are some online options that are more self-paced to meet the scheduling needs of the modern emergency professional. One example of this is PERCOM's Online EMS Academy. PERCOM has catered to numerous Fire Fighters across the country who are chasing their EMT & Paramedic certifications for over 10 years. Regardless of the fact that it is based online, PERCOM's Nationally Accredited Paramedic Program is among the highest rated programs in the nation, in regards to NREMT First Attempt Pass Rates. These numbers are based on successful students just like yourselves, that work crazy hours and have lives and families outside of 911.

Some other online EMT schools are EMTFireTraining.com, RapidSafety.com, and AlliedMedTraining.com. Not all online programs are the same, though. Some are self-paced and open enrollment, others are more traditional with set class dates. Tuition and program costs vary from one to the next, and virtually NO online EMT Program can accept federal tuition assistance (ex. GI Bill, FAFSA, Stafford Loan).

Not all schools are fully accredited! Be sure to check with CAAHEP to verify that your school of choice has a Nationally Accredited program. ** Link to CAAHEP accredited schools => https://caahep.org/Students/Find-a-Program.aspx **

Something else to be on the lookout for when checking out schools are monthly specials - (hint hint). Very few online schools do this, and with the right timing could save you a few hundred dollars in training costs.

Broaden your skill set with an EMT certification in less than 6 months, and max your resume with a Paramedic certification in less than 2 years! Become the Full Package Fire Fighter you were born to be, and start an EMT program today!!

http://percomonline.com
    Last edited by PRogers; 09-19-2017, 09:37 AM.

How much are you getting paid for the ad??

Comment

Guess it is pretty obvious.. I am the Director of Admissions for the school, and no extra money for marketing unfortunately. I didn't see the disclaimer until after I had posted this, but I decided to leave it and wait for moderation. However, this post may be heavily modified in the very near future.

Comment

Originally posted by PRogers View Post
        Guess it is pretty obvious.. I am the Director of Admissions for the school, and no extra money for marketing unfortunately. I didn't see the disclaimer until after I had posted this, but I decided to leave it and wait for moderation. However, this post may be heavily modified in the very near future.
        I doubt it

post away

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

300x600 Forums Only

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Lower 970x90