Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cw212010
    replied
    Scottish Fire and Rescue, or most other UK fire services will be interested. I came from SFRS and am now working in the US because I loved it so much.

(I'm aware how old this thread is but thought it was useful!)

Leave a comment:

• paulLepore
    replied
    We did this with my department in the early 90's. It was a Captain's exchange program with another good sized California department. From a novelty standpoint it worked out fine. From an operational standpoint it did not benefit the crew in any way. In fact, there were some issues that needed to be addressed but were not because he was just a visitor.

As I look at it today with worker's comp and City policies, I am not too sure I would support it. In concept, the issue is exciting but putting it into practice would be tough.

Leave a comment:

• SDFFPM
    started a topic International firefighter exchange southern California

International firefighter exchange southern California

I work for a large metropolitan department in Southern California. I am interested in looking into establishing an active firefighter exchange program with other international departments.

At this point we are only looking into the possibility and I am working on putting together a proposal to take to the city leadership. We are considering Australia, New Zealand and other English speaking countries in Europe.

If this is something that is of interest to you please reply to this thread with an email address and I will contact you.

Please remember that this is in the early stages and is likely at minimum a year away from any actual exchange if it is approved.

Thanks for looking!

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X