X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CaptOldTimer
    replied
    Originally posted by JamesCL View Post
    Hi there, I'm Certified by NFPA along with several other certificates and qualifications, but it is very hard landing a job up in the cold north.

I'm just curious if anyone has any knowledge or experience of a Canadian Citizen landing a job south of the border.

I'm willing to relocate to persue this lifelong dream.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

James from Toronto, Canada.

First of all a US Citizen.

Leave a comment:

• JamesCL
    replied
    Originally posted by DeputyMarshal View Post
    Let me put this delicately...

We have too many unemployed here in the US already. Get a job in your own country.
    Haha, I can't argue with that.

Leave a comment:

• DeputyMarshal
    replied
    Let me put this delicately...

We have too many unemployed here in the US already. Get a job in your own country.

Leave a comment:

• JamesCL
    replied
    Thanks man, i did a bit of research and it seems very difficult to obtain a job in the states without a US citizenship...sucks.

Leave a comment:

• JT_Fire_2000
    replied
    Hi James. I think it will just really boil down to how far you want to pursue this. I mean if you're looking for a big city department I would suggest starting to do your research and traveling to take some tests. I have no knowledge of a Canadian Citizen landing a job here, but there is no reason you couldn't. Have you done any research on citizenship? What type of department are you looking for? I have a list of fire departments by state on my blog. Its a work in progress but may help get you started. If it truely is your lifelong dream you will need to relocate and start the hiring process. Many departments require EMT-Basic certifications as a minimum. EMT-Intermediates and paramedics are in high demand in many areas. Many departments will require a CPAT physical fitness test also. Your starting point is research I guess.

Leave a comment:

• JamesCL
    started a topic Canadian looking for employment in US

Canadian looking for employment in US

Hi there, I'm Certified by NFPA along with several other certificates and qualifications, but it is very hard landing a job up in the cold north.

I'm just curious if anyone has any knowledge or experience of a Canadian Citizen landing a job south of the border.

I'm willing to relocate to persue this lifelong dream.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

James from Toronto, Canada.

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X