Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peterbound View Post
    Pay info please
    Like cochief said... "Contact: Audra Ader for specific details at 720-568- 2163, or 800-688-8606, extension 32163"

Comment

Originally posted by nwfire17 View Post
      Like cochief said... "Contact: Audra Ader for specific details at 720-568- 2163, or 800-688-8606, extension 32163"
      The pay must not be that good considering he didn't bother to list that ONE small detail...
      "FBHF"

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
      Ralph Waldo Emerson

"What do Cops and Firefighters have in common? They BOTH WANT To be FIREFIGHTERS!"

"I love the Police Officers have firefighters to look up to..."

Comment

How good does it have to be?

You can only buy so many snowcones and italian ices while you are there....
        I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

Comment

Snow cones and and Italian ices in the Antarctic aren't really what i care about.
          And I'm sure it's not that good. But i'd like to know the number.
          Every other contract headhunter/Chief posts that information on here. Why not this one?

Comment

I would imagine that the pay is nothing compared to the 'warzone' contracts. As well as you do not get a tax break either.

But I'm sure there is some kind of pay info that is a little dated in the forums somewhere if you were to do a search on other Antartica threads.

Comment

yep, found that.. didn't know if the pay had changed though.

Comment

Does a bachelor's degree in fire science count for anyting? Also I noticed all the ff positions require EMT-B, would being an EMT-P provide any advantage in the hiring process?

Comment

A BA in fire science would help you if you wanted to go down as a LT or Capt. Providing you have all the other required certs... There's usually not very many medics, so I'm sure that will help also, and you'll make a bit more as well. I think it was about $75 extra per week (back in '05 anyway).

Comment

Originally posted by johnsmeltz View Post
                    I'm straight out of the academy. Is it possible to get a contract job without having any experience?
                    Absolutely, most of the guys who are Air Force FF's fall under this category.

Comment

It isn't that bad. There is a new chief down there now as well. The one who posted in this thread moved on, but its fun for a couple times. I went in 2009, and 2010.

Comment

As of March 2012 Raytheon Polar Services is no longer doing the hiring for firefighters. Check out http://www.paegroup.com/career-search There are several listings for firefighters at both the South Pole Station and McMurdo.

Required: IFSCA , Pro-Board/DoD, or State Certified Firefighter II; Airport Fire Fighter; Hazardous Materials First Responder: Operations; and EMT-B required. National Incident Management System (NIMS): ICS 100 and 200 are required. Valid state driver’s license is required

Three years previous full time firefighting experience is required; two years volunteer experience or paid on-call time equals one year full time experience.

Comment

Originally posted by dkohner View Post
                          As of March 2012 Raytheon Polar Services is no longer doing the hiring for firefighters. Check out http://www.paegroup.com/career-search There are several listings for firefighters at both the South Pole Station and McMurdo.

Required: IFSCA , Pro-Board/DoD, or State Certified Firefighter II; Airport Fire Fighter; Hazardous Materials First Responder: Operations; and EMT-B required. National Incident Management System (NIMS): ICS 100 and 200 are required. Valid state driver’s license is required

Three years previous full time firefighting experience is required; two years volunteer experience or paid on-call time equals one year full time experience.
                          Did the pay change when PAE took over?

Comment

Originally posted by jalli1978 View Post
                            Did the pay change when PAE took over?

You would have to contact PAE and ask them that, I'm not sure.

Comment

Hello All,

I just got an email from PAE requesting my resume to be updated. So since I have not applied for Antarctica since Oct 2011 I am figuring that they are hiring. I would have taken it, the Winter-Over 2012 contract, but I found out that I was having a kid so that took priority.

Cherry-O
                              -Corey "Mr O-we-some!" Walsh
                              Moron AB Fire Dept USAFE
                              Moron, Spain

"I think it takes a particular coward to criticize procedures that you don't understand particularly when they apply to places that you don't have the bravery to go." FDNY Battalion Chief John Sullivan at the Black Sunday Fire trial

Comment

I just returned from McM on a PAE contract. I was making 1200 a week.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X