Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mosul Iraq FIRE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mosul Iraq FIRE

    http://cms.firehouse.com/content/art...4&sectionId=45
    Last edited by TXFIREDAWG; 08-09-2005, 03:05 PM. Reason: wasnt complete link

  • #2
    Link doesn't work...

    Comment


    • #3
      Interesting article, but is a bright red pavement queen flashing "hey look at me" red lights the best kind of equipment to be using in Mosul right now? I think I'd rather have an olive drab armored humvee with a skid mount pump and 500 gallons in back and no red lights.

      I'm not there, so I can't claim to know better - not trying to criticize. Just a question that popped up.
      You only have to be stupid once to be dead permanently
      - - - - - -
      I A C O J

      Comment


      • #4
        A Big Red Target

        Yeah what was WSI thinking when they bought several Big Red Fire Trucks! Jeff who is my friend in IRAQ told me that that base can be seen by the whole city of Mosul.

        Comment


        • #5


          So, anyone could have gone on this site and copied the article and said that someone from Iraq sent it to them.
          OUTSTANDING

          Make It Happen

          Never forget 9-11-2001
          343 Brothers Who Were MURDERED!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by RLFD14
            Interesting article, but is a bright red pavement queen flashing "hey look at me" red lights the best kind of equipment to be using in Mosul right now? I think I'd rather have an olive drab armored humvee with a skid mount pump and 500 gallons in back and no red lights.

            I'm not there, so I can't claim to know better - not trying to criticize. Just a question that popped up.
            My only guess to the look of the engines they purchased would the old Murphy's Law, "Try to not look important, the enemy may be low on ammunition."

            I'm guessing someone with an RPG would be more likely to want to use it on a humvee of marines than a firetruck full of contractors. With the firetrucks set up the way they are there is no question as to whether or not it is military whereas a humvee set up for firefighting could easily be viewed as a fighting vehicle.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by bobbymurphy
              My only guess to the look of the engines they purchased would the old Murphy's Law, "Try to not look important, the enemy may be low on ammunition."

              I'm guessing someone with an RPG would be more likely to want to use it on a humvee of marines than a firetruck full of contractors. With the firetrucks set up the way they are there is no question as to whether or not it is military whereas a humvee set up for firefighting could easily be viewed as a fighting vehicle.
              I disagree. Else why the three bombs in Baghdad today aimed at commuters (not soldiers), especially the third one timed specifically to take out cops and medics? Fire trucks (and ambulances and groups of children etc) are easy soft targets that don't shoot back, and torching a few would put a damper on morale....
              You only have to be stupid once to be dead permanently
              - - - - - -
              I A C O J

              Comment


              • #8
                This fire is over a year old, what made you update the article and bring it up again?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Reminds me of Nightmare on Elm Street, except we Awakened a dead mutt.

                  "One, two Mutt is coming for u...

                  "Three, four better....."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by gutedude
                    This fire is over a year old, what made you update the article and bring it up again?

                    The original story is dated July 2, 2005.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      big red

                      if one looks at the news daily they will see big red trucks euro style and pierces.
                      the thought was do not look like the US Army
                      we are not allowed to have camo on, where black cevlar and only some have mill spek body armor. so big and red is what fire trucks look like.
                      Baghdad does have a greenish Engine Co donated from some where.
                      If your gonna get shot doing your job the paint job on your truck will not change the snipers view of you.
                      Morters are sent to a grid square so pain will not change that.
                      Time delays of cell phone detanators same same.
                      Like the old pumper driver said to me 25 years ago.
                      Get right with God not, cause you cant negoshiate when your number comes up.
                      stay safe all you guys
                      I should be back in the Mid East around March for my 4th contract.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        corection

                        the pumper driver sair
                        get right with God NOW

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Listen every one, I was there and I was also in the Army as a firefighter and i know alot of my fellow brothers and sisters form Iraq read theses things. The whole red truck thing is a good and a bad. Good is the joes get a taste of home, and they are good trucks for what we do there(since going outside of the wire is not yet an ablity of the deparments yet). The RPG, rockets, and stuff is a always a possible, like LA FF's never got shot at during the Rodney riots right!! That is the risk of going there, so it is what everyone sigins up for is the excitement of the possablity. I am not in any way talking down to anyone,they are great trucks. The Army has the Tactial firefighting truck(hemmit type), they are good trucks also. Since most of the roads are paved or working on being paved.The capacty to have that much water is a great avantage since you are fighting fires with smartwater usage. The mini pumpers and such are good, they move well in tight corners, the small rescues are great for EMS response, the T-3000 are OK, E-one's are
                          good to. All of the Trucks we have for the dept all over the country are great. Yes you can see red from far away but it is better to be seen during an emerengcy with out lights. Meaning, the military sees the trucks and they move out of the way. If i ofended anyone I am sorry. I just thought I would put my two cents in. thank youguys over thereI will be back soon,,,,,,,,Bye

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Is it really the truth!!!!!!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Gute

                              This is mac from Keller get in touch with me I'am in the box now call station 3 and talk to Palmer or Blakenship they will give you my E-mail I saw Rusty right before I left. Later Mac

                              Comment

                              300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                              Collapse

                              Upper 300x250

                              Collapse

                              Taboola

                              Collapse

                              Leader

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X