Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Info on Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on Iraq

Glad I got my last post in...

Saw that coming down the pike weeks ago.

Maybe we can call this one....hhhhmmmmm......I know "Info on Iraq" with out the slander and libel.

Serve and volley...back at cha.

Saw that coming down the pike weeks ago.

Maybe we can call this one....hhhhmmmmm......I know "Info on Iraq" with out the slander and libel.

yeah me 2 its a shame a few bad apples ruined it!
    Last edited by BFDNJFF; 06-12-2005, 01:51 PM.
    ******=================
    ******================
    ******=================
    ******================
    =======================
    =======================
    =======================

------GOD BLESS AMERICA ! ------

Comment

iraqff123

Hey iraqff123,
      please drop me an email at [email protected]. I have a question about one of the posts you made in the previous Iraq forum.
      Thanks
      Weulz

Comment

Hi everybody - ditto to seeing it comin'. Hope it will catch on quickly!!!

Tracy

Comment

Re-ups

Trying for some information. What % of in country personnel decide to extend for a second year. I will miss the old thread it had humor and spontaneity while sometime slipping over the top.

Comment

bump

bump

Comment

Re-ups

Don't know %, but I can't imagine it is to high right now.

Comment

weulz did you get my email?

Comment

I have got my interview on the 9th of June. Hope I make it!!!
                  FF/EMT Erik ("Woody") Wood
                  Auburn Fire/Rescue
                  Auburn, KS

Comment

got it

iraqff123
                    Thanks. Look in your inbox.
                    Weulz

Comment

I haven't posted much lately because I felt the FFing in Iraq thread had gone downhill for some time. Instead of what the forum started out as, it become a place where guys were airing their gripes against the company and individuals working for the company. It's a shame that guys feel this is the only way to address concerns they have. To air everything in a pulic forum for everyone in the world to read, including many of the soldiers we are over here helping. For the sake of everyone let's try and be productive in this thread instead of counter-productive. Remember the integrity that we as firefighters are suppossed to possess.

For those wondering what the re-up percentage is, it's hard to say at this point. So far only one group has completed their contract. The second and third groups are going to be finishing up in the next two weeks. I know of several guys that are re-uping for another year. I'll be back after my month and a half of R&R, vacation, and LWOP.

As I have said to many guys over here and through email, the time you spend over here will only be what you make it. If you want to be miserable the entire time you're over here, you will be. If you try to make the best out of things while you are here, you will. I have enjoyed my time here and have learned a lot from brother firefighters from all over the US. It is interesting bringing together firefighters from different parts of the US and putting them together on one department. Everyone has different ways of doing things, from hose packs to radio communications. The interesting part is when you integrate it all together and form a new department 8,000 miles form home to serve those who are protecting our freedom at home.

If I can answer any questions for anyone I am still more then happy to help. Everyone stay safe and continue working hard towards the goal.

Scott Van Boerum
                      WSI Fire & Emergency Services
                      Acting Assistant Chief
                      Camp Speicher
                      Tikrit, Iraq
                      Scott Van Boerum
                      Battalion Chief - Training
                      Green Valley Fire District
                      Green Valley, AZ

Comment

App

I just mailed my application inn to wsi... how long does it normally take before you get a response and what do they normally look for
                        A small unpleasant place

Comment

BMWfire the company line is that if you don't hear from them in 2 weeks after mailing in your application then give them a call. I didn't want to wait that long and called them earlier and they set up my interview then. Good luck.

Comment

cool

thanks man. hopefully this will go quick.....i talked to kris today and he was saying that it could be up to 3 weeks and deploy is at min 4 to 6 weeks.
                            A small unpleasant place

Comment

Thanks brothers and sisters

Rescue522,

I agree, this is NOT the place for dirty laundry...the original posts WWWAAAAYYYY back when, alot were from you, were informational!!! Guys w/ ?s and such. Lets use this to help them make their decision and get them through the process w/ as little pain as possible. I am by NO MEANS AGAINST equal input and opinions, but if you have something negative to post, keep it clean, keep if truthful, and don't make it personal. As Rescue522 says, your time there is what you make of it.

BMW,

I suggest tracking your app. online through USPS delivery confirmation...the day after you know they got it, give them a call to set up your interview...they will have time to review it from the time you call until your interview date, if there is anything else that they need, they will let you know.

To all others,

Post away....lets overtake the "Rescue Me" thread...again. Which by the way starts on June 22nd I heard. Sweet!!! I love that dark humor crap

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X