chances for a contract job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chances for a contract job

Hello, I am a municipal fire Lieutenant, I am retiring in a short time with 32 years service, I am 53 years old- is there any opportunities for any contracting jobs after retirement or would my age be a factor.
    thanks for any input

Maybe an inspector

Check some of the companies mentioned on the thread and check their web site

Only way to find out is apply

You might look at some of the private companies and do some safety work
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

I was thinking may be a training officer - is there an age limit for most companies

Comment

There are a few contracts left out here. Most of the 100k+ jobs are downsizing due to the end of the wars. Most of the contracts pay between $40k-$90K. If you have Proboard or DOD/IFSAC certifications you can find jobs posted at PAE, KSI, SOSI, Northrop Grumman and a few other sites. Most of these companies dont have an age limit.

Comment

Originally posted by jmsneorrcom View Post
          I was thinking may be a training officer - is there an age limit for most companies
          Some of your problem is if you try to go to a flying base, and have no arff more than likely they will not look at you
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

Originally posted by fire49 View Post
            Some of your problem is if you try to go to a flying base, and have no arff more than likely they will not look at you
            yes, I knew that no ARFF would be a problem, I am attending South Carolina fire adacemy ARFF academy in september. so hopefully that helps

Comment

ATCO is another company to check out. We cover the Kandahar Air base crew chiefs and ARFF a must. Most firefighters on structural side are TCN.

Comment

Originally posted by kandaharfire View Post
                ATCO is another company to check out. We cover the Kandahar Air base crew chiefs and ARFF a must. Most firefighters on structural side are TCN.
                thanks for the information, but not being in the contract field I dont know what the abbreviations are, if you can list the whole name of the company I would appreciate it

Comment

Hi, contractor here. Experience in Afghanistan, Iraq and Eastern Europe. Home in the states now, heading back to Iraq in March.

Your age may be a factor, depending on the contract. Also your ability to receive and maintain security clearances (depending on the contract). Do you have a military background? ANY health issues? Are you willing to separate from your family for months at a time?

FGG has a fire department country manager around your age. He was a prior fire lieutenant who retired. They lost the contract last year and a new company took over (KBR) who likely had their own country manager lined up.

Bottom line, the fire jobs are FEW and far in between. I’m on the security side and a licensed paramedic, I work as a security team medic. It’s easier for me to find work. The guys with no military combat experience are left to fend for actual fire jobs. And all these guys on this forum with dreams of the PAE Antarctica gigs are in even worse shape. That’s an extremely hard job to obtain and financially...not worth it in my opinion.

Inbox me if you have questions and ill answer questions when I don’t have any alcohol in my system lol

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X