Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Raytheon, Antartica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tikcuf9905
    replied
    Editing/deleting my comment because I just realized the link wasn't about Antarctica.
    Last edited by Tikcuf9905; 10-21-2011, 07:03 PM. Reason: I realized the link wasn't for Antarctica.

Leave a comment:

• Jmason66
    replied
    they can be state certs also.

Leave a comment:

• BBaumg
    replied
    They are all IFSAC. I am going to try to contact my recruiter again today and see if he has any new info yet. Thanks for the info.

Leave a comment:

• jalli1978
    replied
    Originally posted by BBaumg View Post
    Firefighter I,II, Instructor I,Fire Officer I, Haz mat opps and awareness,Haz mat tech, Emt-b, Ics 100 and 200. I have some aicraft firefighting but that was while I was in the service and don't have those records as of yet.
    The requirements are here. Of course they all need to be DOD IFSAC or Proboard

http://www.eskanfd.com/index.php?p=1...n-Requirements

Leave a comment:

• BBaumg
    replied
    Firefighter I,II, Instructor I,Fire Officer I, Haz mat opps and awareness,Haz mat tech, Emt-b, Ics 100 and 200. I have some aicraft firefighting but that was while I was in the service and don't have those records as of yet.

Leave a comment:

• jalli1978
    replied
    Originally posted by BBaumg View Post
    I am new to this contract thing. I have applied with vinnell and was told that my application had been forward to Saudi, but that was about 7 weeks ago and I have not heard from anyone. I have been in contact with one of the recruiters and he does not have any new info for me. Is this normal and does anyone know if there are looking to put any firefighters on at this time? Thanks for your help.
    There are openings. What certs do you have?

Leave a comment:

• BBaumg
    replied
    Vinnell

I am new to this contract thing. I have applied with vinnell and was told that my application had been forward to Saudi, but that was about 7 weeks ago and I have not heard from anyone. I have been in contact with one of the recruiters and he does not have any new info for me. Is this normal and does anyone know if there are looking to put any firefighters on at this time? Thanks for your help.

Leave a comment:

• philfirerescue
    replied
    Originally posted by Jmason66 View Post
    Hazmat ops, FF1, FF2, ARFF, Emt. and a vaild passport.
    I got grandfathered in without ARFF, but you do need it down there now, just to confirm that. It was funny, I went down my first season, spend almost all of it out at the airfield and I wasn't ARFF certified, but that is ice logic for you.

Also, make sure you aren't in any legal trouble; that you can't travel to New Zealand. They don't take felons and such (but if you have that kind of legal trouble you can't really be in the fire service)

They had one guy on my flight who got in trouble in Australia (a while back) and since New Zealand and Australia have a legal agreement, they had to fly that guy back to the states, because they refused to let him enter the country.

But yea, good luck...Antarctica is wicked cool

Leave a comment:

• Jmason66
    replied
    Hazmat ops, FF1, FF2, ARFF, Emt. and a vaild passport.

Leave a comment:

• jaydenloose08
    replied
    Raytheon, Antartica

So what certs are mandatory for employment with Raytheon? And is it worth it? Please reply to my email if possible. Jay[email protected]

Leave a comment:

• sflaff
    replied
    yes, who to call. I'd like to call first to see if I'm eligible due to my age (44) before I go thru filling out all the paperwork.

also- the guys that got hired- going straight over, or training/academy/bootcamp first?
    thanks.

Leave a comment:

• philfirerescue
    replied
    Originally posted by Allin4it View Post
    I got these guys knockin down my door 1 day after i sent my app in.... was wondering if anyone ever did some time out on the ice...They pay isnt all that great, but im lookin to obtain more certs while out there, boost my resume and ultimately make connections to get me out too the middle east in the future. Would appreciate the feed back on some people who have been out there or currently out there!. thanks
    There are a couple people from "the ice" on this message board.

I went in 08/09 and 09/10 Summer and Win-Fly + Summer.

I worked with Raytheon and I worked at both McMurdo and South Pole.

The pay has gotten better I heard, as they raise the requirements to go down there. You won't be able to obtain any certs down there, just bragging rights, as the Department down there doesn't do DoD certs or any certifiable training. There are a couple former Middle East people there, but not a whole bunch. If you have any other questions let me know.

Leave a comment:

• Jmason66
    replied
    Done a little digging around and the other company with a bid in is CH2M Hill, I have a friend that works for them in the oil fields and as far as he says it is a good company... But who knows. But for you guys going please keep us updated.

Leave a comment:

• Jmason66
    replied
    If thats the case I won't be surprised if it gets all Jacked up down there!!! Not to sure about Kbr but with lockheed its a lot of who you know to get a contract.

Leave a comment:

• Allin4it
    replied
    Thanks for the input guys......I noticed Ratheon contract is up in March, right after the summer contract is over up there. I spoke to someone who says Ratheon is not even in the running for the contract to re-up.....I was told KBR, lockheed M and another 1 forgot the name will be awarded it come march.....Soooooo.....i wonder if the current employees will get grandfatherd in or what?...If KBR gets it i would be stoked cause dont they still have some gigs overseas?....and thats were i ultimately wanna go.

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
Working...
X