Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Overseas contact without paid or volunteer experience?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overseas contact without paid or volunteer experience?

Is there any possible way to score an overseas contract gig without any experience? All my TCFP certs are current as are my IFSAC seals but getting a job has proven impossible here in Texas. Also, I do not have my ARFF either but I can't afford to shell out $1400 on that with no guarantee of it getting me any further. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Oversea's Contract

You need to have experience in order to be hired with a private fire company; especially overseas. If you are having trouble getting a paid job I would recommend volunteering in your community or adjoining jurisdiction. Without the experience you won't get any where. As far as ARFF goes, it is well worth taking the class. You can get the basic ARFF class for $800.

Overseas is the wrong place to cut your teeth in the fire service. After all I doubt you decided to become a firefighter for the money.

If you want to increase your chances of being hired on, go to paramedic school.

I hope this helps

Comment

So what emt level are you at??

Tx constantly has openings;;;,

http://www.tcfp.state.tx.us/employment.asp

If you can't make it in tx you can't make it anywhere

The service offers overseas jobs ;;; no experience required
      Last edited by fire49; 06-19-2011, 03:42 PM.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZdEH...e_gdata_player

Comment

Emt-b. And volunteer work for me is impossible because of where I work. Automotive repair isn't very volunteer friendly especially when I'm working 7 days a week as it is.

And if you're saying if I can't make it in Texas I can't make it anywhere, then it looks like I'm ****ed

Comment

Has anyone heard anything on pae? There's a job in Djibouti Kind of a crap location but the requirements don't look bad

Comment

So have you been applying to departments in Texas

If you have all the certs needed there are about five depts advertising now

Comment

Yes. I've applied and tested with McKinney, watauga, haltom city, Greenville, and Richardson. Fort worth has just opened up but they'll have 6k applicants because entry level pay is just under $4k a month. Was able to score a peers interview with Richardson but was told afterwards that I needed to
              Voluntary withdraw or else not be eligible to retest for 2 yrs. I ranked 8th out of 750 on the civil service and 3rd out of 75 on the PAT. They were hiring 10 which brings me to my next question: was being told that a psych evaluation because I was looking really good for hire?

Comment

And why did they ask you to voluntary withdraw??

How about Arlington

You need to apply no matter if there are 2000'applying
                You never know

Comment

Already doin my app for fort worth. And Richardson said there's no way to get hired and that's it. No explanation. Some firefighter buddies of mine said probably it was mind games which in hindsight, I shoulda ballsed up and continued. What do you think?

Comment

No they do not play mind games

Sounds like something there

May see one in a few weeks will ask

Have you thought about getting paramedic?????

Comment

Yea I have but right now we're single income till the misses finishes college so I've been working 2 jobs with my own side business. It's tough just being able to test. I'd like to know why Richardson didn't like me. I was nervous but I answered all their question in a manner I thought was adequate

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X