Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse

Firehouse.com Forum Rules & Guidelines

Forum Rules & Guidelines

Not Permitted or Tolerated:
• Advertising and/or links of commercial, for-profit websites, products, and/or services is not permitted. If you have a need to advertise on Firehouse.com please contact [email protected]
• Fighting/arguing
• Cyber-bullying
• Swearing
• Name-calling and/or personal attacks
• Spamming
• Typing in all CAPS
• “l33t speak” - Substituting characters for letters in an effort to represent a word or phrase. (example: M*****ive)
• Distribution of another person’s personal information, regardless of whether or not said information is public knowledge and whether or not an individual has permission to post said personal information
• Piracy advocation of any kind
• Racist, sexual, hate type defamatory, religious, political, or sexual commentary.
• Multiple forum accounts

Forum Posting Guidelines:

Posts must be on-topic, non-disruptive and relevant to the firefighting community. Post only in a mature and responsible way that contributes to the discussion at hand. Posting relevant information, helpful suggestions and/or constructive criticism is a great way to contribute to the community.

Post in the correct forum and have clear titles for your threads.

Please post in English or provide a translation.

There are moderators and admins who handle these forums with care, do not resort to self-help, instead please utilize the reporting option. Be mature and responsible for yourself and your posts. If you are offended by another member utilize the reporting option. All reported posts will be addressed and dealt with as deemed appropriate by Firehouse.com staff.

Firehouse.com Moderation Process:
Effective immediately, the following moderation process will take effect. User(s) whose posts are determined by Firehouse.com staff to be in violation of any of the rules above will EARN the following reprimand(s) in the moderation process:
1. An initial warning will be issued.
2. A Final Warning will be issued if a user is found to be in violation a second time.
3. A 3-day suspension will be issued if the user continues to break the forum rules.
4. A 45-day suspension will be issued if the user is found to be a habitual rule breaker.
5. Habitual rule breakers that have exhausted all of the above will receive a permanent life-time ban that will be strictly enforced. Reinstatement will not be allowed – there is no appeal process.

Subsequent accounts created in an effort to side-step the rules and moderation process are subject to automatic removal without notice. Firehouse.com reserves the right to expedite the reprimand process for any users as it is deemed necessary. Any user in the moderation process may be required to review and agree to by email the terms and conditions listed above before their account is re-instated (except for those that are banned).

Firehouse.com reserves the right to edit and/or remove any post or member, at any time, for any reason without notice. Firehouse.com also reserves the right to warn, suspend, and/or ban, any member, at any time, for any reason.

Firehouse.com values the active participation we have in our forums. Please ensure your posts are tasteful and tactful. Thank you very much for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Sally Port What to Pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sally Port What to Pack

Im sorry if this has been covered before, but i have yet to find it in my searches. so im in the process with Sally Port (going to Iraq). I have gotten my security Clearance and now just waiting for my physical (scheduled for next Wednesday). I am anticipating no problems. Anyway they sent a short list with suggested items to pack which seems to cover Houston, Texas and thats about it. What should I expect to receive from them for additional gear and will I need to provide a means for transporting it? (leave enough space to stow). What type of luggage has others used? Is there any suggested items that should be brought over?

To those to respond thanks, I want to say thanks ahead of time.

Im supposed to be leaving for houston on Next Monday with Sallyport, I was told to pack just enough and if you go by the list then it wont be as much as it looks like. I bought a heavy duty duffle bag for my 50lb bag and I have a small carry on bag. One guy gave a very descriptive view on what to bring and what you may get once you get to Iraq (check the sallyport having trouble with manning post). Hope this helps, and hope to see you out there.

Comment

what to pack

well once u reach baghdad u will be issued uniforms u will get 4 shirts 4 polos 2 job shirts 4 pairs of pants 1 jacket all season u will get issued work gloves and all ur gear u will get structral gear and arff gear if u have arff u will get a bunker gear bag so what i did was put all my uniforms in the gear bag so u dont add weight to ur other bag thats my group did it .

Comment

Pack as little as possible--go light. You will be issued gear and uni's. You can buy the rest on your base at the PX.
        "When you are safe at home, you wish you were having an adventure-when you're having an adventure, you wish you were safe at home"

--Thornton Wilder

Comment

Hey this is question for anyone already in Iraq or that has been. Do you have internet access in your rooms?

Comment

We do have internet at my base. There are a few different providers in country. Prices range from $75 - $110 where I am at. Its not very fast but it gets the job done. However, outages and slow connections are frequent.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
            Working...
            X