Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sallyport Having trouble with manning!! Hrs Suck!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sallyport Having trouble with manning!! Hrs Suck!!

    Don't come over to Iraq unless your an A/C, I am getting 3 1/2 days off a week for a total of 84hrs, my friend at another base is getting the same, but yet they have some bases with guys stuck and can't leave on R/R because of manning issues.. Can some explain why??? Boy do i miss WSI

  • #2
    My friend is getting paid 24/7 making some serious cash as a firefighter for Sallyport. I just saw him yesterday when he was home for R&R. He said they can't get replacements cause of some paperwork issues, and guys are quiting all the time so the hours are up.

    Comment


    • #3
      Why does Sallyport ask for so many certs for a fire inspector? ITT is in the process of hiring me, they only ask for IFSAC or PRO B: fire inspector I & II, HAZ-MAT and instructor. I was trying to go to Iraq but looks like it will be Afghanistan.

      Comment


      • #4
        Have you tried KBR for Iraq. They are hiring right now.

        Comment


        • #5
          Thanks, I will check into it.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 50 View Post
            Have you tried KBR for Iraq. They are hiring right now.
            I looked at their jobs listing for Iraq and LOGCAP. Nothing for fire inspector.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by FFDownSouth View Post
              Don't come over to Iraq unless your an A/C, I am getting 3 1/2 days off a week for a total of 84hrs, my friend at another base is getting the same, but yet they have some bases with guys stuck and can't leave on R/R because of manning issues.. Can some explain why??? Boy do i miss WSI
              Some bases are getting low hours but others are not. I went about 6 weeks with out a day off. I just signed my time card yesterday and only had 3 days of in a 15 day period. People are making some jack right now.

              Comment


              • #8
                hi

                Originally posted by LowRow98 View Post
                Some bases are getting low hours but others are not. I went about 6 weeks with out a day off. I just signed my time card yesterday and only had 3 days of in a 15 day period. People are making some jack right now.
                im in baghdad right now

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by tomdfireman10 View Post
                  im in baghdad right now
                  Wanted to know whats it like over there, I got my offer letter and just returned it. Whats the process like, what are the hours, and how are living conditions.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    im here

                    Originally posted by 251Fireman View Post
                    Wanted to know whats it like over there, I got my offer letter and just returned it. Whats the process like, what are the hours, and how are living conditions.


                    hours vary base to base as do living conditions
                    Last edited by tomdfireman84; 05-25-2011, 10:51 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Ok then, Im supposed to be leaving for houston on the 30th of May. How often do you run calls? Do the rooms have internet access? Is it a BX where you're located?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by 251Fireman View Post
                        Ok then, Im supposed to be leaving for houston on the 30th of May. How often do you run calls? Do the rooms have internet access? Is it a BX where you're located?


                        depending on what base ur at most bases now have base internet from wireless to wired most bases do have a bx but mine is basicly a conex and its got the basics too packing though dont pack alot pack enough underwears socks and shirst and pants dont bring alot u will get ur uniforms once u hit baghdad so make sure u have room for it all u will get 4 t shirts 4 pairs pants 4 polo shirts 2 job shirts a multi season jacket and all ur gear then u gotta lug all that stuff with u to ur new base if ur arff u get arff gear and strutural gear as well but the other gear is for u to train so u dont screw up ur arff gear lol but my base im assigned engine co and crash truck so i just use my arff gear
                        well good luck let me know where u headed and most of the stuff u learn in houston is bs just have fun and the hotel u stay at has free internet in the rooms lol tell tiffany i said hi tk

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by tomdtruck1443 View Post
                          depending on what base ur at most bases now have base internet from wireless to wired most bases do have a bx but mine is basicly a conex and its got the basics too packing though dont pack alot pack enough underwears socks and shirst and pants dont bring alot u will get ur uniforms once u hit baghdad so make sure u have room for it all u will get 4 t shirts 4 pairs pants 4 polo shirts 2 job shirts a multi season jacket and all ur gear then u gotta lug all that stuff with u to ur new base if ur arff u get arff gear and strutural gear as well but the other gear is for u to train so u dont screw up ur arff gear lol but my base im assigned engine co and crash truck so i just use my arff gear
                          well good luck let me know where u headed and most of the stuff u learn in houston is bs just have fun and the hotel u stay at has free internet in the rooms lol tell tiffany i said hi tk
                          I'm not sure if that was more impressive for it's lack of punctuation (I felt like i was reading a Comac Mccarthy novel) or it's clever use of text wording.

                          I hope you don't have to write any reports over there.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Don't get me wrong, Sallyport isn't that bad, but if your coming over here be aware that id you land in a small base your hrs will suck unless you have your D/O certs and M/W certs. But also understand that Iraq has not extended their contract to the U.S. Which means after 12/31/11 we must leave, Now I hear we are going to stay on site either DOD or Logcap 4 but that depends on what happens with GOI. So if your coming over now please understand that you might be going back home in Dec.. So if you have a decent job at home.. DO NOT LEAVE it... I have friends at almost in every base, some are making $6000 every 15th day and some are make 3500 (before taxes are taken out).. Just a heads up to all.. best of luck and god bless

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by peterbound View Post
                              I'm not sure if that was more impressive for it's lack of punctuation (I felt like i was reading a Comac Mccarthy novel) or it's clever use of text wording.

                              I hope you don't have to write any reports over there.
                              peter y are such a DICK? Did your mom and dad not hug you enough? O wait your a women in a guys body!!!!

                              Comment

                              300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

                              Collapse

                              Upper 300x250

                              Collapse

                              Taboola

                              Collapse

                              Leader

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X