Telecommunicator I and II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Telecommunicator I and II

Seriously, where can you go to do this course?

Does anyone offer it?

OK, so apparently nobody knows anything about this whatsoever.

Comment

This is one of the courses that you'll have to do through the CDC program. If they are holding it against you for not having it then you might want to consider looking elsewhere. How F*ing hard is it to answer the phone and take down the pertinent information, another stupid course used to pat their resume's

Comment

What's a CDC program?

Comment

Who is "their" resumes, are you referring to?

Comment

"Their" resume's

Having worked as a municipal, contractor, reservist and DoD civilian firefighter. I've worked with more than my fair share of prior active duty firefighters who are cert-ed out the wazoo and have very little to no real world experience. They brag about having all of these certifications and most will proudly tell you about all of their certs. The Air Force is notorious for being a certification factory!
            Having said that, I have worked with some outstanding prior service firefighters, most of them have not attempted to gain every certification they could while on active duty. I'm all for taking as much training as possible, but does a 2-3 yr veteran of the fire service need all Officer, Instructor and Inspector 2? NO, they should be focusing on being a good firefighter.
            I know very well that many installations still have firefighters who work in dispatch so a understanding of how the operations of a dispatch works, but isn't that covered in your FFI curriculum?
            I am a veteran and proud of time spent on active duty and reserve time. I'm also thankful for the those who continue to step up and serve!

Comment

Originally posted by kennon7 View Post
              What's a CDC program?
              Career Development Course...

Comment

Telecomm I and II

Originally posted by Jonny Rotten View Post
                This is one of the courses that you'll have to do through the CDC program. If they are holding it against you for not having it then you might want to consider looking elsewhere. How F*ing hard is it to answer the phone and take down the pertinent information, another stupid course used to pat their resume's
                Telecommunicator I and II coming soon!! Open Fire Academy. go to link
                openfireacademy.com go to course register. Create an account. View courses.
                Telecommunicator is currently being developed, will be an online course Pro-Board certification offered

Comment

Certification Fire courses online

Originally posted by airforcefire520 View Post
                  Who is "their" resumes, are you referring to?
                  Fire courses online. Open Fire Academy. go to link
                  Telecommunicator is currently being developed, will be an online course Pro-Board certification offered

Comment

online fire courses

Originally posted by USAFfiredog View Post
                    Career Development Course...
                    online fire courses Open Fire Academy. go to link

Comment

Originally posted by kennon7 View Post
                      Seriously, where can you go to do this course?

Does anyone offer it?
                      Telecommunicator I and II coming soon!! Open Fire Academy. go to link

Comment

online fire courses

[QUOTE=USAFfiredog;1258860]Career Development Course...[/QUOTE

Online fire courses. Open Fire Academy. go to link

Comment

Having worked as a municipal, contractor, reservist and DoD civilian firefighter. I've worked with more than my fair share of prior active duty firefighters who are cert-ed out the wazoo and have very little to no real world experience. They brag about having all of these certifications and most will proudly tell you about all of their certs. The Air Force is notorious for being a certification factory!
                          Having said that, I have worked with some outstanding prior service firefighters, most of them have not attempted to gain every certification they could while on active duty. I'm all for taking as much training as possible, but does a 2-3 yr veteran of the fire service need all Officer, Instructor and Inspector 2? NO, they should be focusing on being a good firefighter.
                          I know very well that many installations still have firefighters who work in dispatch so a understanding of how the operations of a dispatch works, but isn't that covered in your FFI curriculum?
                          I am a veteran and proud of time spent on active duty and reserve time. I'm also thankful for the those who continue to step up and serve!
                          Johnny, I agree with you philosophically however, usually the contract companies ask for this cert(s) because it is a requirement of the contract. Nothing more.

To the OP, check out TEEX -- they usually have this course available.
                          "When you are safe at home, you wish you were having an adventure-when you're having an adventure, you wish you were safe at home"

--Thornton Wilder

Comment

cdc

hey do u got awebsite i can check into

Comment

Didn't you just arrive in Iraq? You got hired without this, didn't you?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X