What certs do you have?
    Pro Board & IFSCA Fire Inspector I,II,III
    IFSAC Fire Instructor II
    IFSAC HAZ-MAT I
    10 years as a firefighter
    10 years as a fire inspector

Comment

Originally posted by grzrobert View Post
      ITT is about to start a mass hiring for Afghanistan, within the next few weeks.
      ITT and Dynacorp states that you come home for two weeks every three months. That's over 35 days in a 12 month period, doesn't that means you pay taxes on all your salary for that year?

Comment

If you choose to come home everytime then you pay taxes on entire salary. It says "home" but does not mean actually to the states.... travel and see the world while you can.
        Thank you to the brave men and women of our great military, past, present and future for allowing my right to express my opinion and my opinion only, not representation of any company I may work for.

Comment

The law states that if you work outside the united states for 330 days out of the year, then up $91,500 is tax free. 365-35=330

Comment

Originally posted by mh0223 View Post
            Pro Board & IFSCA Fire Inspector I,II,III
            IFSAC Fire Instructor II
            IFSAC HAZ-MAT I
            10 years as a firefighter
            10 years as a fire inspector
            So no ARFF or Driver cert and they still offered to you. Interesting.

Comment

I forgot to mention for Inspector positions you do not need driver certs but you be in inspections only not cross manning.
              Thank you to the brave men and women of our great military, past, present and future for allowing my right to express my opinion and my opinion only, not representation of any company I may work for.

Comment

Itt Hiring?

Hey all,

So I was one of the 100 or so guys set to go to Iraq after they told us one day we were leaving in a week and then called the next day and said they lost it all haha. I still want to pursue an overseas position and have been applying all over. I think my main problem is that I don't have an ARFF cert. When is ITT supposed to post their positions and will it require ARFF? Any pointers people could give me on jobs to pursue would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Comment

VandalFF...yes having ARFF and ARFF D/O will help tremendously but do not get discouraged, DynCorp hires people with out them but it would be beneficial if you could find a NPQS or IFSAC ARFF class.

Not sure when ITT will start hiring again but keep checking because these companies usually only post for a few days at a time.

Comment

hey

Originally posted by VandalFF View Post
                    Hey all,

So I was one of the 100 or so guys set to go to Iraq after they told us one day we were leaving in a week and then called the next day and said they lost it all haha. I still want to pursue an overseas position and have been applying all over. I think my main problem is that I don't have an ARFF cert. When is ITT supposed to post their positions and will it require ARFF? Any pointers people could give me on jobs to pursue would be very much appreciated. Thanks
                    did u apply with sallyport after wsi lost the contract cuz i know sallyport is hiring i got hired and was suppose to deploy feb 21st but iraq stopped issuing entry visas so everyone that was suppose to deploy is on hold til further notice i also applied to itt and dynacorp but got word they might be lifting the visa issue soon

Comment

Just wondering if Dyna C pays for housing in Kuwait? anyone know?
                      Also how bad is it really to work in Afghanistan, do you get moved around alot to different FOBs?

Comment

I recently got out of the military, and would like nothing more then to work overseas with ITT or another like company. I've been told that the different contracting companies allow a different amount of vacation time per year, and that ITT offers more then some other companies like KBR. I was curious if anyone knew if there which companies had the same cycle as ITT? Also does anyone have a good contact number or email for ITT, or another like company? I've applied to them all online, but haven't heard much back and would like to follow up as much as possible. Thank you for your responses. If you'd like to email me directly that would be great as well: [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by yournac View Post
                          I recently got out of the military, and would like nothing more then to work overseas with ITT or another like company. I've been told that the different contracting companies allow a different amount of vacation time per year, and that ITT offers more then some other companies like KBR. I was curious if anyone knew if there which companies had the same cycle as ITT? Also does anyone have a good contact number or email for ITT, or another like company? I've applied to them all online, but haven't heard much back and would like to follow up as much as possible. Thank you for your responses. If you'd like to email me directly that would be great as well: [email protected]

Dynacorp, ITT and Sallyport are the contractors for Kumait, Iraq and Afghanistan. Dynacorp has the same cycle as ITT. Try this recruiter for ITT.
                          She will respond faster by email. Hope this helps.

Tiffany Hummel

Recruiter

ITT Mission Systems

Greenville, SC 29615

Phone: 864-382-4242

Email: [email protected]

Web: www.ittsystems.com

Comment

I am looking for recruiter info for Dynacorp and Sallyport. Can anyone out there help?

Comment

Thanks guys I really appreciate that feedback. I would love to go take an ARFF course but haven't found one that is near me or can fit in my schedule if I need to travel. I applied to Sallyport before the transition even took place but never heard anything from them. I was hoping that WSI would work with them and ensure that we were at least contacted for interviews but that was wishful thinking haha. I know that they are able to send me because I was so close before so now I'm aggressively pursuing it again. After the last run around with WSI I thought I was spent but I still would really like to have that experience of traveling and making good money before I settle down. Any information for contacting recruiters would be appreciated here too. Thanks again guys.

Comment

hey im really lookin for a chance to go overseas.

AIRPORT FF/OPS 4 YEARS NOW
                                I have my California FF1
                                CALIFORNIA HAZMAT OPS
                                PROBOARD FF1 AND FF2
                                PROBOARD HAZMAT OPS
                                NATIONAL REG EMT
                                CALIIFORNIA FIRE CONTROL 5 ( aircraft firefighting)
                                CALIFORNIA AUTO EX
                                ICS 100
                                ICS 200

Do I even qualify for entry level ff thanks guys?

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X