Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asst Chief

Post Deleted
    Last edited by airforcefire520; 12-15-2010, 01:44 PM.

PM me. You can't receive any PM's from me

I tried to PM you but you have not set up your profile correctly.

Comment

Post Deleted
      Last edited by airforcefire520; 12-15-2010, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Do I have to b ex-airforce or retire aireforce to b get this job?? why? How about ex-Marine?

Comment

Originally posted by johnson1970 View Post
          How about ex-Marine?
          No such thing Devil Dog...
          Last edited by ridebmxnc; 12-15-2010, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Do I have to b ex-airforce or retire aireforce to b get this job?? why? How about ex-Marine?
            that's two different branches.
            If I were hiring some1 it would be from the USN b/c they're all firefighters.
            Don't join the military just to get a firefighting job, b/c once you get out you're still on active reserve for two years. alot can happen in two years.
            Benton Fire District Four
            Ladder One
            First Due!

Caddo Parish Fire District 1
            Career Firefighter/Paramedic

When things get rough, just say:
            Acabo de perder cinco minutos de su vida.

Comment

Awww.wrong answer partner,15yrs service here and just to let you know,we,the marines are the trainers for ALL naval firefighters....

Comment

Ah, i love how even the most innocent thread can become a branch bashing one.

I think the OP just put AF due to the fact that they typically get the most certs that can fill that req. Pretty sure that if you have the required certs you are in.

As for EX-Marine? I always thought it was a Former-Marine. But that's just me.

And is it just me, or does Fireguy come off as a troll? Don't feed the bastard.

Comment

Awww.wrong answer partner,15yrs service here and just to let you know,we,the marines are the trainers for ALL naval firefighters....

not anymore sir... the air force runs the academy at goodfellow, and trains the firefighters for all the services.

the navy also has their own firefighting trainers for the shipboard firefighting training they recieve in boot camp. the Marines dont have anything to do with it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by ridebmxnc View Post
                    not anymore sir... the air force runs the academy at goodfellow, and trains the firefighters for all the services.

the navy also has their own firefighting trainers for the shipboard firefighting training they recieve in boot camp. the Marines dont have anything to do with it anymore.
                    Louis F. Garland DOD (Department of Defense) Fire Academy, located at Goodfellow Air Force Base in San Angelo Texas. The Air Force has ownership but it is a joint service ran academy. There are Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine instructors as well as civilian instructors (who are all pretty much retired military firefighters). The apprentice course as well as many advanced courses are taught there by all branches of the service. This is NOT where the Navy is taught shipboard firefighting. Just thought I'd clarify that a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by FIREguy2011 View Post
                      that's two different branches.
                      If I were hiring some1 it would be from the USN b/c they're all firefighters.
                      Don't join the military just to get a firefighting job, b/c once you get out you're still on active reserve for two years. alot can happen in two years.
                      It's not active reserve, it's IRR (Inactive Ready Reserves) and you'll only be called back during critical MOS shortages or of course a full mobilization. Your comment on only hiring USN Firefighters made me chuckle, thanks for the laugh.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X