Sallyport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snake_MFD View Post
    Amen Brother!!! It is going downhill faster than WSI ever did. I am hoping to help out everyones hours soon and get the he!! out of here before it gets any worse. The hours keep getting worse and so does HQ. It is making Afghanistan look better and better. I'd rather take incoming every day!!!
    Sad to hear this. I know many thought things would be better when WSI left.

Question though. Does anyone know if they are still hurting for officers? Or are they (A/C's) getting the screw as well?

Comment

Originally posted by peterbound View Post
      Sad to hear this. I know many thought things would be better when WSI left.

Question though. Does anyone know if they are still hurting for officers? Or are they (A/C's) getting the screw as well?
      I am not sure if they are still needing officers. I know our base is full but not sure how others are. I will ask around.

Comment

leaving for houston

om leaing for houston tx feb 21st 2011 finally after 3 months of waiting

Comment

@tomdfireman10, hey bro could you pm me and tell me what kind of certs you have? That might help me out and give me and idea of what all I need to get.

Comment

Certs

Originally posted by Jmason66 View Post
            @tomdfireman10, hey bro could you pm me and tell me what kind of certs you have? That might help me out and give me and idea of what all I need to get.
            Hopefully I can help. Your certs need to be DOD, which means Proboard or IFSAC, as you probably already know.

I was hired with:
            FF I and II (Required)
            Hazmat Ops (Required)
            Telecommunicator I and II, (I am not sure if it's a requirement, but everyone at my base has it)
            ARFF (Not a requirement, but will help your chances greatly)
            DO: Pumper (Not a requirement)
            DO: Mobile Water Supply (Not a requirement)
            EMT-B (First Responder cert is the minimum requirement.

Also to note, While ARFF and DO is not a min requirement, it seems that having one or the other will greatly improve your chances, with an emphasis on ARFF.

EMT-B (I think first responder is a required minimum)

Comment

Hey bro thanks a lot! That gives me a good idea where I stand now.

I currently have
              FF 1 and 2
              hazmat ops
              auto extrication
              Flammable liquids and gases (FLAGS)
              First responder
              EVDT
              R.I.T
              Rescue the recuer

and I am enrolled into the ARFF course at the sc fire academy at the end of march.

Comment

delayed

Originally posted by tomdfireman10 View Post
                om leaing for houston tx feb 21st 2011 finally after 3 months of waiting
                change that i been delayed to iraq and visas being issued about 10-14 days was told by sallyport today

Comment

houston tx

change that i been delayed to iraq and visas being issued about 10-14 days was told by sallyport today

well im finally headed to iraq im headed to houston tx april 12 2011 for inprocessing for iraq its taken me since october to get this far well i keep u updated

Comment

Safe Travels

well im finally headed to iraq im headed to houston tx april 12 2011 for inprocessing for iraq its taken me since october to get this far well i keep u updated
                    Good Luck to you young man!

Comment

• Originally posted by tomdfireman10 View Post
                      Wow...finally? I guess the right minister of the right department of the Iraqi government finally got his bribe money.

Safe trip, godspeed, and prepare to pocket some cash.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomdfireman10 View Post
                        How do you like teex? Im taking the ARFF class now. Prob ran past eachother

Comment

• A little help please

I was one of the guys hired by WSI and while waiting on my plane ticket, was told that they lost the contract to SP in October. I applied for SP right then and there. I haven't heard anything. I have a son being born in a month, and I really need this job. Should I apply again, or with another company in Afgan, or what should I do? Anyone with info please email me at [email protected]. Im barely ever on firehouse so please email me with the info. thanks guys and stay safe

Comment

• Must be nice. I'm still trying to get back. my visa and MOI are current just waiting to get a houston date.

Comment

• anything new???

It's been over two months since the last post. Can anyone tell us if the contract has gotten extended after the first of the year? Is anything going on that someone can bring us up to speed on without compromising opsec?

Comment

• Originally posted by armyfiremn View Post
                                It's been over two months since the last post. Can anyone tell us if the contract has gotten extended after the first of the year? Is anything going on that someone can bring us up to speed on without compromising opsec?
                                What I hear from a friend still over there is that everything is more or less in limbo. Some bases are definitely closing, others staying open, some stuff moving, etc etc. As my buddy told me, everything is firmly set in jello. I know, that's no new information, but it's the latest as I understand it.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X