No announcement yet.

Sallyport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Id like to go but im having absolutly no luck finding a pump ops class anywhere in Colorado. My only option so far is to fly to texas and do it at TEEX, but that is BIG money I dont have at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lasko189 View Post
      Id like to go but im having absolutly no luck finding a pump ops class anywhere in Colorado. My only option so far is to fly to texas and do it at TEEX, but that is BIG money I dont have at the moment.
      Alabama or south carolina or north not sure.. will have a DO pumper course starting Oct 31 2011.. Sorry I just forgot which one it was.. I think it's south carolina.. but check all three..

Comment

• For those of you who are trying to get hired out here, take all the rumors with a grain of salt. There is truth to some things that are said, but one site may be ran totally different than another. When everyone was hired on with Sallyport they signed up for working 48 hours on, and 24 hours off. Throw in a couple days of 12 hour dispatch on top of that and it might not be as great as you thought at "some" sites. However, the site I am at I have not had a day off in 3 months and its a great place to be. Either way you are going to make at least 90k a year. It all depends on where you go and who runs your site.

As for who you work for, it doesn't really matter. Its a contract, which means it can change at the drop of a hat. They don't fire everyone you just switch companies. If you want the job, apply to all the places you can: KBR, Sallyport, Dynacorp. ITT and just keep applying until you get hired.

and while you are waiting to get hired, if you you don't have your ARFF and ARFF DO certs, got get them! you will be more likely to get hired and you will be a more valuable asset.

Good Luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by FireSpin View Post
          For those of you who are trying to get hired out here, take all the rumors with a grain of salt. There is truth to some things that are said, but one site may be ran totally different than another. When everyone was hired on with Sallyport they signed up for working 48 hours on, and 24 hours off. Throw in a couple days of 12 hour dispatch on top of that and it might not be as great as you thought at "some" sites. However, the site I am at I have not had a day off in 3 months and its a great place to be. Either way you are going to make at least 90k a year. It all depends on where you go and who runs your site.

As for who you work for, it doesn't really matter. Its a contract, which means it can change at the drop of a hat. They don't fire everyone you just switch companies. If you want the job, apply to all the places you can: KBR, Sallyport, Dynacorp. ITT and just keep applying until you get hired.

and while you are waiting to get hired, if you you don't have your ARFF and ARFF DO certs, got get them! you will be more likely to get hired and you will be a more valuable asset.

Good Luck!
          The unfortunate thing right now is that Sallyport will not be providing services in Iraq under LOGCAP IV. KBR will be self providing these services and will be paying a MUCH lower rate. You will NOT make 90K, not even close. Any new hire should be looking at 60-70K beginning Jan 2012. My point is if you have a job do not leave it and come over here thinking you are going to make the big bucks, cause that gravy train has pulled into the station. If you want six figures you need to look at AFG, it is that simple. Good Luck Brother!

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X