Anyone leaving for Iraq OCT 4 2010?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone leaving for Iraq OCT 4 2010?

I am leaving for Iraq on oct 4 with WSI. Is there anyone on here leaving the same day?

What is Bonnies email address? I lost my mailbox addresses and need to ask her a question. She is the one who notified you about your deployment date. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by fireteam44 View Post
      What is Bonnies email address? I lost my mailbox addresses and need to ask her a question. She is the one who notified you about your deployment date. Thanks
      Don't know her email. If you find it out can you PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by jalli1978 View Post
        I am leaving for Iraq on oct 4 with WSI. Is there anyone on here leaving the same day?
        I got a call from a guy from Sallyport, and he asked if I could leave October 4th, and I said yes. So I might be in the same group as you.

Comment

Originally posted by CAFireman View Post
          I got a call from a guy from Sallyport, and he asked if I could leave October 4th, and I said yes. So I might be in the same group as you.
          Did you initially apply with WSI or Sallyport?

Comment

Originally posted by jalli1978 View Post
            Did you initially apply with WSI or Sallyport?
            WSI, I did the physical and whole nine yards with WSI. But after I found out that WSI lost the contract I applied with SP, and that was about 2 weeks ago. I got a call from a guy that was with SP, he called from Iraq. After the call from him, I got several emails from a Miss Kristie Werning. One with an Offer Letter, and the others with Iraq info and stuff like that, all with SP letter heads. The guy asked if I could go to Houston the fourth of October and I said yes.
            Who did you go through?
            Last edited by CAFireman; 09-20-2010, 06:49 PM.

Comment

I sure hope WSI forwards over all the applications to Sallyport. I applied 2 weeks ago...and still nothing(applied with sallyport 2 months ago)
              Last edited by blaker19; 09-28-2010, 07:41 PM.

Comment

I just applied this weekend and already have an offer. Do you have ARFF? That could be the missing link

Comment

Originally posted by bigefiremac View Post
                  I just applied this weekend and already have an offer. Do you have ARFF? That could be the missing link
                  Yep, no ARFF. Im always coming up short...

Comment

Originally posted by blaker19 View Post
                    Yep, no ARFF. Im always coming up short...
                    Thats what she said...

Comment

You don't need ARFF for the Iraq contract. It helps but they have plenty of structural bases also. I am over here now. We will transition to SP next week.

Comment

Originally posted by jwaskow View Post
                        Thats what she said...
                        HA! Yep!

No ARFF...I keep hoping to get something in the mail or a phone call...I can't figure it out. I've looked over my resume countless times. I remember back in 2006 when I had just finished the fire academy and applied...I was getting emails and phone calls the next day. But at that time I didnt have the years of experience.

Comment

Dude look here, if you're not to far into debt I wouldn't worry about going over. Yes the money is good, yes it's an experience of a lifetime. However it is hell trying to get a job back in the states afterwards. It took me a year to the day until I got a job back here. And when I say the day, I mean I was offered and accepted the job exactly one year later from when I landed back in US soil. So just sit back and think about the choices that you're wanting to make, and do the pro vs con board as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jwaskow View Post
                            Dude look here, if you're not to far into debt I wouldn't worry about going over. Yes the money is good, yes it's an experience of a lifetime. However it is hell trying to get a job back in the states afterwards. It took me a year to the day until I got a job back here. And when I say the day, I mean I was offered and accepted the job exactly one year later from when I landed back in US soil. So just sit back and think about the choices that you're wanting to make, and do the pro vs con board as well.
                            If you went over there to help you get a job back here....you definitely went there for the wrong reason.
                            "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Comment

Originally posted by Bones42 View Post
                              If you went over there to help you get a job back here....you definitely went there for the wrong reason.
                              And exactly how do you 'help' over there... EveryF'in firefighter over there is there for the money. If they say they're not, they're BS'ing ya. However I do feel great knowing that you know the exact reasons as to why I went over there in the first place.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X