Comment

Originally posted by medic2971 View Post
      anyone have a website for sallyport
      Google That S%*t man!!!!

Comment

does anyone have any rates they're giving

Comment

Sallyport pay

You'll make less per hr but youll end up making about $800.00 more every 2 weeks. But their bebefits arent that great.

Comment

Wsi

So What do yall think about that clown brandon champion?

Comment

Originally posted by firedog436 View Post
              So What do yall think about that clown brandon champion?
              Either you are A/C Champion or one of his boys, otherwise why do you care?

Comment

does anyone know how long it will take for sallyport to get back with you i sent in my app

Comment

???

Originally posted by peterbound View Post
                  Either you are A/C Champion or one of his boys, otherwise why do you care?
                  Just want to make sure sallyport gets rid of all ******bags! You have no business being a chief at 26 years old. And as far as ive heard, theres not 1 person in country that likes that little punk.

Comment

Sigh.
                    I don't know A/C Campion, but age (or agism in this case) should not be a factor (nor can it legally) when assigning a position. Many military leaders are in their twenties, and in charge of more men, more equipment, and more important stuff than Mr. Campion.

He's not the only one in his twenties. Hell so is Goodreu, as was Crossett.

Sounds like you had a bad experience with him.. boo hoo, don't blame it on his age, blame it on the person. There are plenty of A/C's in country that are much older than he that are just as bad if not worse.

Comment

well

Originally posted by peterbound View Post
                      Sigh.
                      I don't know A/C Campion, but age (or agism in this case) should not be a factor (nor can it legally) when assigning a position. Many military leaders are in their twenties, and in charge of more men, more equipment, and more important stuff than Mr. Campion.

He's not the only one in his twenties. Hell so is Goodreu, as was Crossett.

Sounds like you had a bad experience with him.. boo hoo, don't blame it on his age, blame it on the person. There are plenty of A/C's in country that are much older than he that are just as bad if not worse.

Unfortunatley I had to work with champion in 2008 and am frankly surprised that he is still employed after running into fire dressed like kurt russell from back draft. Which there is pictures of floating around Iraq somewhere. As well as all of the complaints about the guy, if theres that many complaints then obviously there is a problem. The only reason he is still hired by the company is because he was the chief at the station that got a high ORI score. And age deffinatley is not a factor but the only reason he had his A/C certs at the age of 26 was because he was involved with the training dept in the marines and he cert'd him self up. But with Age comes experience and to be a chief you must have a good amount of experience therefore must have some age to go with that. And your not going to get that experience just by being an ARFF marine. He lacks the experience necessary to be a GOOD A/C and has endangered the saftey of his personell both physically and mentally. Theres the facts to prove my point. And yes theres is some A/C's in country that are older but deffinatley not worse. This is called the fire service not the fire corps! Putting your crew through a fully blown structure drill 7 days a week in 130 degree weather is insane. Now what would have happened if they would have actually gotten a real fire! Yes this response may seem extreme but im trying to make a point about unqualified personnell in a certified position. my focus and concern isnt out of hatred for him, its for the safety and well being of the individuals under his command.

Comment

Originally posted by firedog436 View Post
                        Unfortunatley I had to work with champion in 2008 and am frankly surprised that he is still employed after running into fire dressed like kurt russell from back draft. Which there is pictures of floating around Iraq somewhere. As well as all of the complaints about the guy, if theres that many complaints then obviously there is a problem. The only reason he is still hired by the company is because he was the chief at the station that got a high ORI score. And age deffinatley is not a factor but the only reason he had his A/C certs at the age of 26 was because he was involved with the training dept in the marines and he cert'd him self up. But with Age comes experience and to be a chief you must have a good amount of experience therefore must have some age to go with that. And your not going to get that experience just by being an ARFF marine. He lacks the experience necessary to be a GOOD A/C and has endangered the saftey of his personell both physically and mentally. Theres the facts to prove my point. And yes theres is some A/C's in country that are older but deffinatley not worse. This is called the fire service not the fire corps! Putting your crew through a fully blown structure drill 7 days a week in 130 degree weather is insane. Now what would have happened if they would have actually gotten a real fire! Yes this response may seem extreme but im trying to make a point about unqualified personnell in a certified position. my focus and concern isnt out of hatred for him, its for the safety and well being of the individuals under his command.
                        Unfortunately WSI/Iraq is not exactly the fire service. It's a contract. If you didn't catch on to that when you were there, well then oh well. You should've known that paperwork goes far in Iraq. If he got a high score on the ORI audit, well thats what the company wanted.

Now I do not know this person you are talking about, nor am I backing their case up. I see your very valid points, and I agree with them as well. But remember, WSI/Iraq is not the fire service.

Comment

Squirrel!!!

Well...Long live Camp Echo!
                          "FBHF"

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us."
                          Ralph Waldo Emerson

"What do Cops and Firefighters have in common? They BOTH WANT To be FIREFIGHTERS!"

"I love the Police Officers have firefighters to look up to..."

Comment

quitting

At any point in time can you quit if you dont like working in Iraq? What happens then?

Comment

Timetables???????????????????? ????????

Today, 01:05 AM #28
                              jalli1978
                              Forum Member

quitting

At any point in time can you quit if you dont like working in Iraq? What happens then?

This is your first post at the beginning of your job search?

Whats with the timetable syndrome these days? The timetable enables the enemy to win and the quitter to quit.

If your search for employment overseas begins with "if I quit what happens?"
                              you will be unhappy upon orientation.

Lower your expectations, expect to wash you clothes with mud, eat goulash with a protein supplement of scorpion and camel spider, live in sand domes, use your own urine to cure your athletes foot and get a daily lashing.

I kind of wished you ask about benefits or R&R days.

Sounds like your going to a be a downer for everyone you work with ALREADY!!!!
                              Last edited by FIRESKEITH; 09-14-2010, 05:35 AM. Reason: HIGHLIGHTING that your first post on here is about quitting!!

Comment

If your coming over here to fight fire STAY HOME. you will do more paper work and drills then there are military personal. Salllyport is taken over WSI, it sounds good so far but we will see. pay is less but we rare getting paid for the 24hrs and as of now 7 days a week. They are so short on man power you will be working 24/7.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X