WSI loosing the Iraq Contract!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSI loosing the Iraq Contract!!!!!!!

WSI has just announced that KBR has selected Sallyport as the fire service provider.

Can't say that they will be missed.

This is a fact. Effective 30 Nov., the current contract is done. Now, who knows how Sallyport will staff all these sites after that date or if WSI will manage to sub in under SP. We'll see. Gotta hurt, though, if you,re waiting to come over on a job offer from WSI...

Comment

One would think that all the firefighters would be safe, SP will need them to fill all the positions. Can't say that for all the a** clowns at HQ, guess the'll be back to asking "would you like fries with that". The job market will be flooded with paper tigers looking for a chiefs job.

Comment

The conference call at 1500 should be interesting.

"Please don't stop doing your job. We have no other information. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH." Should take a minimum of two hours for 5 minutes worth of real information.

Comment

Arizona - By the way, the correct spelling is "losing." I am guessing you'll be one of the ones asking, "would you like fries with that?"

Comment

Sounds like someone is familiar with Rich Allen's conference calls...

Comment

Originally posted by PatchMan5823 View Post
              Arizona - By the way, the correct spelling is "losing." I am guessing you'll be one of the ones asking, "would you like fries with that?"
              Patch - Sorry about the spelling issue with losing, I was so excited when I heard about WSI LOSING the contract I must have double tapped the "o".

I can see why you would be so upset, knowing that you have worked very hard (lips to the back side of someone in HQs a**) to get where you are just to find out today that your little world is coming to an end.

WSI has a great bunch of guys working in the field that will be offered employment with Sallyport. Sorry that you won't be one of them...what am I saying here? I'm not sorry, I'm happy as hell that all HQ will be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by fdluft View Post
                Sounds like someone is familiar with Rich Allen's conference calls...
                Very familiar. You have to admit though, they beat Tye's conference calls. That tool just liked to hear himself talk.

Comment

This is pretty wild.
                  It will be interesting to see how far down the chain they want to replace, and if they will bring their Hazmat guys into the fire side of the operation.

Comment

Anyone got advice for those that are in processing with WSI? Is there another contractor that we should be applying with now? I just submitted an application to sallyport but was wondering what other options are out there.

Comment

Advice?

Don't quit the job you have now.

Comment

Maybe a cool down in the Antarctic is in order

Not a lot of pay, but certainly interesting...

Antarctic Fire Department,
                        Raytheon Polar Services
                        Recruitment for:
                        Firefighters - Req # 3200BR
                        Lieutenants - Req # 3202BR Go to: http//www.rayjobs.com/ to apply
                        Captains - Req # 3109BR

- Personnel needed now for the upcoming season.
                        -- Departure from USA on or about 8 October 2010
                        -- Return from McMurdo on or about 20 February 2011

Minimum requirements: Experience + Certifications (IFSAC, Pro Board or State Certified)

Firefighter: 3 years pervious full time firefighting experience, two years volunteer or paid-on call experience equals one year full time experience.

- Firefighter-II
                        - HazMat Operations
                        - Airport Firefighter
                        - EMT-B
                        - NIMS ICS 100 & 200

Lieutenant: 4 years pervious full time firefighting experience, two years volunteer or paid-on call experience equals one year full time experience. At least one year of experience as a supervisor is required.

- Fire Officer-I
                        - HazMat Operations
                        - Airport Firefighter
                        - EMT-B
                        - NIMS ICS 100 & 200

Captain: 4 years of diversified full time firefighting experience, including incident command and fire administration, two years volunteer or paid-on call experience equals one year full time experience. At least one year of experience as a supervisor is required.

- Fire Officer-II
                        - HazMat IC
                        - Airport Firefighter
                        - EMT-B
                        - NIMS ICS 100 & 200

Contact: Audra Ader for specific details at 720-568- 2163, or 800-688-8606, extension 32163

Comment

oh lordy isn't this just interesting. There is no way in hell Sallyport will have enough people to not hire all of the firefighters that are already in country. As far as the HQ clowns go, they will def. be going home. Sallyport will want their own personel in those positions which would be a good decision on their part. Good luck fellas i know alot of you out there and you should be fine. just continue to do your job. I would expect Sallyport reps to be visiting the sites and checking things out to determine hows things are run. Once you see them def. look busy and do you job. Good luck boys and keep your head down.

Comment

as of today STILL NO info from sally port... no idea what the pay- benefits package is going to be...90 days and counting unsure whats up!!!!
                            lots of rumors going around. and of course the big clown up in hq is as slick as a southern politician...

Comment

Originally posted by AriZona View Post
                              WSI has just announced that KBR has selected Sallyport as the fire service provider.

Can't say that they will be missed.
                              anyone have a website for sallyport

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
                              Working...