Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

communication with family while in Iraq?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• communication with family while in Iraq?

I'm going through the process with wsi and I'm wandering how the communication is; ie. Internet in your bunk room or how the telephone system is. Any input from someone whose been over there would be greatly appreciated

Originally posted by Irishfirefighting View Post
    I'm going through the process with wsi and I'm wandering how the communication is; ie. Internet in your bunk room or how the telephone system is. Any input from someone whose been over there would be greatly appreciated
    Telephone is VSat, you'll need a calling card. If you have private internet in your CHU, then you don't have to worry about that and can use skype. Worst case scenario you'll just have KBR internet, but you'll atleast be able to use email for communication. Most bases have an internet cafe and phone trailer. More than likely you'll have private internet in your room, to where you can skype, facebook, yourspace, or whatever you do....

Comment

Cool I figured but the wife just wants to make sure shecan talk to me. Thanks

Comment

I had wireless in my room and it cost ~$65/month. The phones at the station route thru Houston so you have to use a calling card to call out but then you can have your family call you right back.

Comment

Cool. I was pretty sure that internet was in rooms. That's the only thing the wife wants is to try and talk at least once a day.

Comment

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse
          Working...
          X