Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just got my fone interview, and I have a few questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• peterbound
    replied
    Fella, I've been watching these boards for a while, and i'm sure you love your buddy Firefly.
    Fact is, he more than likely deserved what he got. That dude stirred more shyte than anyone I've ever seen on here.

I've got no beef with bashing other fire fighters if they deserve it.

Leave a comment:

• ffbobbyhill
    replied
    Originally posted by peterbound View Post
    I love how in one sentence you talk about Brotherhood and in the next you are bashing fellow firefighters. Well played sir.
    I was not bashing firefighters. I was simply stating the fact of what happened to Firefly.

Leave a comment:

• jwaskow
    replied
    Originally posted by CAFireman View Post
    Yea I figured. I called the Medical Department at my Reserve Center today, I have drill this weekend, and they are going to try to do as much as they can for me. As for using my Navy shot record for the job, should I just get a printout of all the shots I've received, and have the Doc sign off on it? I know that I am all caught up on all my shots and then some. I'm also trying to get a local clinic to help me as much as they can as well. Does the physical have to be done by ONE doctor or PA, or can it be a combination of Navy doctors and "civilian" doctors? I'm kind of stressed about the cost of the medical thing, only because I don’t have that much money to spend. I just dropped about $200 on my passport, $575 on my flight to Alabama, $805 on the cost of the ARFF school, and I still have to get everything ready and set up for my ARFF school in Alabama at the end of the month.
    Dude, as long as your shot record is current for what is required, you should be good on that.... As far as the physical goes, a PA use to be able to do it. If it is split between Navy and civi, I'm not sure if it matters, as long as the physical requirements are fulfilled it should be alright, then again I could be wrong.... Def should call and find out about that though, unless someone else has some insight on that matter... If you have some kinda of med insurance see if you can get them to cover some cost of the physical though, it will help if your strapped for cash... Just remember WSI should reimburse you for funds spent on the physical and physical alone, as long as it is super itermized(sp)... Good luck with it all though man....

Leave a comment:

• CAFireman
    replied
    No, you cannot use your navy physical.

Check and see if there is a doc in a box in your area. I used Concentra and they did everything i needed for around 500 bucks. Remember that if you get the job you will be able to claim that money back, so think of it as an investment.

Your immunizations should be up to date if you just separated, so you should be good to go on that point.
    Yea I figured. I called the Medical Department at my Reserve Center today, I have drill this weekend, and they are going to try to do as much as they can for me. As for using my Navy shot record for the job, should I just get a printout of all the shots I've received, and have the Doc sign off on it? I know that I am all caught up on all my shots and then some. I'm also trying to get a local clinic to help me as much as they can as well. Does the physical have to be done by ONE doctor or PA, or can it be a combination of Navy doctors and "civilian" doctors? I'm kind of stressed about the cost of the medical thing, only because I don’t have that much money to spend. I just dropped about $200 on my passport, $575 on my flight to Alabama, $805 on the cost of the ARFF school, and I still have to get everything ready and set up for my ARFF school in Alabama at the end of the month.

Leave a comment:

• Firstin1968
    replied
    Peterbound:

was wondering if I could ask you a few questions off line.
    If so please drop me a line at joseph68 at charter dot net

Thanks in advance,
    Firstin

Leave a comment:

• peterbound
    replied
    No, you cannot use your navy physical.

Check and see if there is a doc in a box in your area. I used Concentra and they did everything i needed for around 500 bucks. Remember that if you get the job you will be able to claim that money back, so think of it as an investment.

Your immunizations should be up to date if you just separated, so you should be good to go on that point.

Leave a comment:

• CAFireman
    replied
    Medical Pack help...

Originally posted by CaptOldTimer View Post
    Just a little advice, get back on topic or the webteam will lock it down. I've seen it happen many times before....
    Agreed. Well I got received the "Big Packet" with the Offer Letter, Offer Packet, New Hire Packet, Medical Packet, Pre-Deployment Requirement Letter and Security/ Background packet. But some of the copies in the medical packet are really hard to read. I'm going to call them tomorrow to try to get an understanding of what all is required, and for clarification of the copies that I can't read. I'm gona try to get the Navy to help me with whatever they can with the medical part. I'm really really tight with money right now and I probably won't be able to afford to go to a "Civilian" Doctor, because I do not have any health insurance right now. But I was wondering, I recently had a full physical when I went back into the Navy Reserve. Do you think I could use the results for that physical, for the medical part? It was done about 3 months ago and nothing with my health has changed. I probably won’t be able to use that physical, but I’m really hoping that I can get the Navy to help me out with the physical, which I have a funny feeling that they won’t.

Leave a comment:

• CaptOldTimer
    replied
    Just a little advice, get back on topic or the webteam will lock it down. I've seen it happen many times before....

Leave a comment:

• jwaskow
    replied
    Fella, there's a difference between calling someone out for spelling and grammar, and giving someone crap about not knowing their basic rights as an American. The right of Free Speech, AKA: the First Amendment.

The fifth states that you have the right to a trial, you can't self incriminate, and no double jeopardy. None of which even closely apply to the conversation at hand, nor to your desire to express yourself without fear of punishment (the First).

Unfortunately this does not apply in a professional/work environment.. they can fire you for anything they want if they find just cause. The first will not protect you.

All Mighty, All Being has spoken
    He is right though however, they will catch your slip up and as your falling try to put a tarp down with some baby oil too. So be just be careful of what you do on here, while stateside and in theater. Best thing to do when over 'yonder' is just to not post....

Leave a comment:

• peterbound
    replied
    Originally posted by ffbobbyhill View Post
    FireFly was an awesome firefighter, and STILL is. I worked with him. All he did was defend himself and a bunch of WSI Losers who never ever saw real fire, in the states, OR in Iraq, didn't know what a real firefighter looked like. So they did what anyone would, the first time you see something you're unsure of. You throw rocks and stones at it....and maybe a handful or two of poop...and you hurl it across the room in an attempt to understand things that look strange and wonderful all at the same time. ANYWHO, long story short, same thing happened when he got to Baghdad, he got trashed on for defending himself against a bunch of ARFF pukes. Remember..."The Brotherhood" runs just a hair deeper than the firehouse forums. I know that sounds bad..but it's true.

"BHF"

"Bobby Hill was here"
    I love how in one sentence you talk about Brotherhood and in the next you are bashing fellow firefighters. Well played sir.

Leave a comment:

• peterbound
    replied
    Originally posted by jwaskow View Post
    Well played, but since you're the forum nazi please tell us what you know 'All Mighty All Being'...

I mean you did catch what I meant...
    Fella, there's a difference between calling someone out for spelling and grammar, and giving someone crap about not knowing their basic rights as an American. The right of Free Speech, AKA: the First Amendment.

The fifth states that you have the right to a trial, you can't self incriminate, and no double jeopardy. None of which even closely apply to the conversation at hand, nor to your desire to express yourself without fear of punishment (the First).

Unfortunately this does not apply in a professional/work environment.. they can fire you for anything they want if they find just cause. The first will not protect you.

All Mighty, All Being has spoken
    Last edited by peterbound; 08-10-2010, 01:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ffbobbyhill
    replied
    Originally posted by jwaskow View Post
    You should go back to the older Iraq thread, and look for post on FireFly.... He was a marked target years before he made it into theater... Just be careful on your comments, statements, and such...
    FireFly was an awesome firefighter, and STILL is. I worked with him. All he did was defend himself and a bunch of WSI Losers who never ever saw real fire, in the states, OR in Iraq, didn't know what a real firefighter looked like. So they did what anyone would, the first time you see something you're unsure of. You throw rocks and stones at it....and maybe a handful or two of poop...and you hurl it across the room in an attempt to understand things that look strange and wonderful all at the same time. ANYWHO, long story short, same thing happened when he got to Baghdad, he got trashed on for defending himself against a bunch of ARFF pukes. Remember..."The Brotherhood" runs just a hair deeper than the firehouse forums. I know that sounds bad..but it's true.

"BHF"

"Bobby Hill was here"

Leave a comment:

• ffbobbyhill
    replied
    Originally posted by Beach08 View Post
    HA! I know who you are now!
    Did you guys know Cedric Brown?

Leave a comment:

• ffbobbyhill
    replied
    Meeting adjourned

Gentlemen...As previously mentioned...we had a motion and a second to adjourn the meeting on you guys being bad spellers and the Spelling SS. SO...just saying...

Leave a comment:

• jwaskow
    replied
    ... or it could be the 5th too...

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader