Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just got my fone interview, and I have a few questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jwaskow
    replied
    Originally posted by peterbound View Post
    Don't you mean first amendment?
    Well played, but since you're the forum nazi please tell us what you know 'All Mighty All Being'...

I mean you did catch what I meant...

Leave a comment:

• peterbound
    replied
    Don't you mean first amendment?

Leave a comment:

• jwaskow
    replied
    Originally posted by CAFireman View Post
    Which one, the one that is like 6 pages? I looked at the ones posted by that FireFly guy, but I didn't see anything bad. But then again, maybe I didn't read them the way he was trying to say them. When I get off today, I'll go back and read them again.
    Well what you need to understand is that folks in HQ 'view' the forums to make sure OPSEC info is not put up here. The other thing is there are people over there that read and post on the sites out of complete boredom and it entertains them. The one with firefly is the long that started back in 05. Hell I'm probably compromising myself of any chance to come back over by just posting on here with my real name. But then again I'm a big fan of my 5th amendment.

Leave a comment:

• CAFireman
    replied
    Originally posted by jwaskow View Post
    You should go back to the older Iraq thread, and look for post on FireFly.... He was a marked target years before he made it into theater... Just be careful on your comments, statements, and such...
    Which one, the one that is like 6 pages? I looked at the ones posted by that FireFly guy, but I didn't see anything bad. But then again, maybe I didn't read them the way he was trying to say them. When I get off today, I'll go back and read them again.

Leave a comment:

• Beach08
    replied
    Ahh beach... good old Warhorse. Good times.

HA! I know who you are now!
    Last edited by Beach08; 08-09-2010, 05:26 PM. Reason: I miss spelled fone

Leave a comment:

• peterbound
    replied
    Originally posted by Beach08 View Post
    I agree. I had a write up waiting for me upon arrival to my site for posting on here. People are going to talk about you while in country, but they get paid the same day you do. Just remember that.
    Ahh beach... good old Warhorse. Good times.

Leave a comment:

• jwaskow
    replied
    Originally posted by CAFireman View Post
    If I can ask, what were you written up for?
    You should go back to the older Iraq thread, and look for post on FireFly.... He was a marked target years before he made it into theater... Just be careful on your comments, statements, and such...

Leave a comment:

• CAFireman
    replied
    Originally posted by Beach08 View Post
    I agree. I had a write up waiting for me upon arrival to my site for posting on here. People are going to talk about you while in country, but they get paid the same day you do. Just remember that.
    If I can ask, what were you written up for?

Leave a comment:

• CAFireman
    replied
    Mr Rivera,
    You are over there for a long time with very little to do. Everyone talks about everyone, it just happens. If you in someway garner a reputation for being a smart alex that goes with you to your site, if you do something on Firehouse.com, that goes with you to your site (innocent or not), if you get transferred for some silly reason that goes with you to your site.

You get bored over there, people start to talk about each other, it just happens. It's better if you don't give them anything to talk about. Some idiotic spelling of a commonly used word is just something someone would ping on. Or you using your real name.

Just be careful on here, that's all i'm saying.
    Yea, I can only imagine what people would say. I’ve been over there several times when I was on Active Duty in the Navy, and I know firsthand what people can do and say because they get bored, or jealous, or just want to stir the pot for that matter. Thankfully none of it involved me. I just didn’t think that something like the spelling of a simple word would cause such a commotion. Yes, I was lazy, and I should have spelled it correctly. I just felt that since this was an internet forum and that, in my eyes, things are discussed and asked here in somewhat informal ways, that it wouldn’t have been that big of a deal. But I guess that’s what I get for thinking, and it’s a little too late for that. I’m not a smart *** nor am I the kind of guy that thinks my s#[email protected] doesn’t stink. I’m a pretty humble guy. I didn’t mean to cause all this commotion, so with that I sincerely apologize. I just had a couple questions about the next steps in the hiring process, and my possible options.

Leave a comment:

• Beach08
    replied
    Mr Rivera,
    You are over there for a long time with very little to do. Everyone talks about everyone, it just happens. If you in someway garner a reputation for being a smart alex that goes with you to your site, if you do something on Firehouse.com, that goes with you to your site (innocent or not), if you get transferred for some silly reason that goes with you to your site.

You get bored over there, people start to talk about each other, it just happens. It's better if you don't give them anything to talk about. Some idiotic spelling of a commonly used word is just something someone would ping on. Or you using your real name.

Leave a comment:

• peterbound
    replied
    Mr Rivera,

Leave a comment:

• CAFireman
    replied
    Some words if i may:
    The issue with the grammar/spelling is usually over looked by one such as myself. I'm not perfect and at times i do mess up. Using the substitution of fone for phone just struck me as odd, as you are not really saving that much time by inserting the 'f'. That and it looks freaking idiotic.

Second note: Change your screen name. It's probably already too late. I know you are named Rivera and your first name starts with a T. You are more than likely 24 years old. The management of the company you trying to work for read this forum (yes, yes they do) and i have seen on several occasions (hell,i had to write a few) of people getting paperwork for the things said here. Things that would have otherwise been considered innocent or benign can be misinterpreted and hem you up.

Tertiary note: Don't change your name to 'Irishfireman' or 'Dutchfireman' or 'Russianfireman' unless you are really from ireland, are dutch, or hail from russia. That's just silly.
    I am curious, why would something like the way I spell phone hem me up? I am in no way trying to start a fight, like I said I am just curious. It's not like I said anything bad about the company, nor would I. No I am not 24 years old, it's my favorite number.

Leave a comment:

• peterbound
    replied
    Some words if i may:
    The issue with the grammar/spelling is usually over looked by one such as myself. I'm not perfect and at times i do mess up. Using the substitution of fone for phone just struck me as odd, as you are not really saving that much time by inserting the 'f'. That and it looks freaking idiotic.

Second note: Change your screen name. It's probably already too late. I know you are named Rivera and your first name starts with a T. You are more than likely 24 years old. The management of the company you trying to work for read this forum (yes, yes they do) and i have seen on several occasions (hell,i had to write a few) of people getting paperwork for the things said here. Things that would have otherwise been considered innocent or benign can be misinterpreted and hem you up.

Tertiary note: Don't change your name to 'Irishfireman' or 'Dutchfireman' or 'Russianfireman' unless you are really from ireland, are dutch, or hail from russia. That's just silly.

Leave a comment:

• TRivera24
    replied
    Originally posted by Chenzo View Post
    I second.

All in favor?
    Agreed. Ok, moving on...

Leave a comment:

• Chenzo
    replied
    Originally posted by ffbobbyhill View Post

I make a motion that we adjourn this meeting...

BOBBY HILL was here....
    I second.

All in favor?

Leave a comment:

300x600 Ad Unit (In-View)

Collapse

Upper 300x250

Collapse

Taboola

Collapse

Leader

Collapse